Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Memory Card Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Card Error

Anyone ever have a problem with initializing their memory card?

Originally posted by jag:
    Anyone ever have a problem with initializing their memory card?
    Exactly what problem are you experiencing? You can get more help if you clue us in to the exact problem. Is it not recognizing the card, are you getting an error message, what message are you getting, how long have you had it/is your battery installed correctly, ....................
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Another question: is there a write-protection switch on the card? For my Octapad I always used white label cards but they had such a small switch
      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
        Another question: is there a write-protection switch on the card? For my Octapad I always used white label cards but they had such a small switch
        Good point. There is a switch and it is small. You should see a padlock icon if the switch is on.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

More info.

When I out the card in, it says the card must be initialized. When hitting the OK button, I get an error saying "Card can not be initialized".

I checked all the usual stuff. The card is new the battery is fresh and I could even "initialize" it successfully in a unit at my local store.

I am thinking there is something amis with my unit. Maybe there's a patch I need??

John

Comment

Your contacts inside the module could be dirty. You can run a test by pressing and holding the chain and pattern buttons while powering up. Insert the card when asked, I believe it is test #5.

Comment

Working...
            X