Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Aphex-104 Aural Exciter for $99.99 - NEW

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aphex-104 Aural Exciter for $99.99 - NEW

    Wake up !!!!!!

    I got a recent booklet from Guitar Center and they have a brand new Aphex-104 Aural Exciter for $99.99 - a 67% reduction from original price. This good price and a minimal investment in a good signal processor, your Vs will love you for it.

    I should hope that all Guitar Centers in the US have the same special, since I am in LA, I could be addressing the local bunch only I hope not.


    ------------------
    szvook
    Studio

  • #2
    GIMME GIMME!

    damn I'm not in the US.....
    Music was my first love...

    Comment


    • #3
      Same price at Musician's Friend:
      http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/sh...418?pid=181805
      Winchester, VA
      TD-20, ddrum3, drumKat

      Comment


      • #4
        How does the Aphex compare to the BBE 482 besides price?

        Comment


        • #5
          ADD, I was going to ask the same question! Also, is it 2-channel or single-channel? (OK, I'll go follow the links and check for myself!) BTW, I got an email from someone who sells BBE 482's brand new fopr about $170. Lemme know if interested. I'm considering getting one. (Still! $^).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ADD:
            How does the Aphex compare to the BBE 482 besides price?
            Anyone got an answer to this? The spec's look good. They're still on sale and I'm thinking of snagging one.

            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Boingo:
              Anyone got an answer to this? The spec's look good. They're still on sale and I'm thinking of snagging one.

              I was using the search engine and found an exchange between Rudi-mint and Szvook. There seems to be an issue on high vs low end performance. Szvook indicated the BBE was better at low end. The Aphex is the only thing in the budget right now. (I just got the wife an effects unit last week!)

              Guess the question for you guys is - having used both, and faced with using the BBE as a stand alone, would that be a livable condition or would you pass? (I plan on using it only when I use the master outs, onboard effects and a powered speaker.)
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Boingo:
                I was using the search engine and found an exchange between Rudi-mint and Szvook. There seems to be an issue on high vs low end performance. Szvook indicated the BBE was better at low end. The Aphex is the only thing in the budget right now. (I just got the wife an effects unit last week!)

                Guess the question for you guys is - having used both, and faced with using the BBE as a stand alone, would that be a livable condition or would you pass? (I plan on using it only when I use the master outs, onboard effects and a powered speaker.)
                The Aphex is ment for vocal processing, really, but it works ok with the V's, the BBE does have better low end, since it's made for a broader application range than the Aphex. With either one you'll be happy with the difference it makes to your sound. I'd get it, you can still find uses for it later if you decided to go with a BBE once your budget allows it. I never get rid of cheaper equipment, I just add it to my studio rack.

                Stu
                "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

                Comment

                Working...
                X