Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

tdw1 & acupad help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdw1 & acupad help

I use the TD10 with Hart Dynamics pads, today I added the TDW1 card....at first I had no cymbal volume, after trying everything I could think of, and finally a call to Roland, it was determained that the trigger sensitivity was now to low, was at 6, now at 24. I forgot how much time I spent adjusting triggers and crosstalk and such. I am using 10A for toms and cymbals, 12A for Acusnare, p7b for hat and p9b for one pd9 pad that is used for a cymbal. Anyone else using my type of gear , what are you using for trigger sensitivity. I am having a very hot snare problem...it's not exactly double triggering, but if you do a smooth quarter note roll, certain notes seem to jump out and / or sound distorted. I feel fried, I was expecting to love it right away, instead it's a major headache. I would appreciate some help. ps....I don't have ..didn't use a backup card

------------------
    Rob
    Rob

Hey Rob,

Try to get in touch with the Hart people. Roland does not test their modules with other pads, so I would definitely recommend reaching Hart for advice; at least they test their products with other modules and they are in a better position to help you. I wish I could help more, but I don’t use the TD-10 with my Hart pads/snare/cymbals, however my TD-8 works like a charm with Hart products, which means nothing to you at this time.

Good luck.

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

thanks szvook....everything was fine with my normal td10, I guess I forgot how much time I spent tweaking and trying and changing things around, cripes, one TDW1 later and I'm in a tailspin. You are right , I guess Hart is my best bet for advice.

------------------
      Rob
      Rob

Comment

Yeah, the TDW1 will do that – unfortunately. Hart people have been doing a lot of testing on the Roland TD’s (8&10) and they most definitely will have some answers.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

I had the same problem. Check your pad settings. When I added the TDW1 it changed them all and had to reset them to where they were before and with alittle sensitivity tweeking things worked very well.
          TD-10xp
          Hart Acupads & Cymbals
          (Gigapro Set)

Comment

Working...
          X