Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is better?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is better?????

i am buying a v pro set and i dont know which is better? td8 vs td10,pm3 vs kc 500,memory card vs tdw-1. help please

TD10, can the KC and PM, go for Mackie or G2, TDW1. TD8 is a good machine but not expandable. KC & PM don't sound as good or as loud, for less money you could buy the Mackie or G2.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanstewart:
      I am buying a V Pro set and I dont know which is better? TD8 vs TD10, PM3 vs KC500, memory card vs tdw-1. help please
      I love me TD8! It's compact, streamlined, & newer than the TD10 & has a Total of 1,286 sounds! I hear it has cleaner outputs than the 10, also. I suppose the old $TD10, only with the $$expansion card, & plus the new $$$V-cymbals might be (although I've heard many disappointing reviews thusfar) worthwhile. But the TD8 is amazing as is!

Don't buy a KC500! I own a KC500 but will replace with 2 Mackie SRM450's and maybe the SRS1500 Subwoofer, based upon my impressions & the dual 450's performance. PM3 is Gay!

See Me Setup Below!

------------------
      Someone Set Up Us Da Bomb!!
      -Alex. & V-Drums: http://www.zing.com/album/?id=429276...ulation_page=Y
      Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

have you had a pm3? well if not how can you say that the kc 500 is better?

Comment

I think the KC-500 is a great keyboard amp. My local music store let me have one for a week to try with my vdrums. I didn't like it. I tried the pm3 at a drum show. If you ever intend to play out with a band.. I think you'll be sorry you bought it. It won't keep up with the band. I would rather have 1 G2 or Mackie than either the KC500 or the PM3. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Comment

I (unfortunately) discovered this site after I bought kc-500.
            I do like the amp fpr the snare and toms.
            Kick is lacking,Roland shouldn't market it as an amp for the Vdrums.
            I am wondering if used with a sub if it will be fine for live gigs?
            I am leaning to the mackie srs 1500.
            any thoughts?

------------------
            Doh !!
            The original Gig Pig.

Comment

i am buying a v pro set and i dont know which is better? td8 vs td10,pm3 vs kc 500,memory card vs tdw-1. help please
              The V-Pro set comes with the TD-10. Memory card and TDW-1 are optional. TD-8 has no provision for expansion or memory card. Amplification recommendation is dependent on application i.e. home use, small club, arenas, festivals ...

--------------------
              -~

Comment

have you had a pm3? well if not how can you say that the kc 500 is better?
                I've owned my KC500 since 8/5/98'. I've played the PM3 @ SF's Guitar Center several times at full volume. IMO, it will only suffice for and is designed to be a personal monitor, hence its name. As an Amp, to be heard by others, it's garbage.

------------------
                Someone Set Up Us Da Bomb!!
                -Alex. & V-Drums: http://www.zing.com/album/?id=429276...ulation_page=Y
                Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

The PM-3 is designed and marketed to be a personal monitor (PM) not an amp that "keeps" up with the rest of the band.

Comment

Working...
                  X