Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

what is better?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is better?????

i am buying a v pro set and i dont know which is better? td8 vs td10,pm3 vs kc 500,memory card vs tdw-1. help please

TD10, can the KC and PM, go for Mackie or G2, TDW1. TD8 is a good machine but not expandable. KC & PM don't sound as good or as loud, for less money you could buy the Mackie or G2.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanstewart:
      I am buying a V Pro set and I dont know which is better? TD8 vs TD10, PM3 vs KC500, memory card vs tdw-1. help please
      I love me TD8! It's compact, streamlined, & newer than the TD10 & has a Total of 1,286 sounds! I hear it has cleaner outputs than the 10, also. I suppose the old $TD10, only with the $$expansion card, & plus the new $$$V-cymbals might be (although I've heard many disappointing reviews thusfar) worthwhile. But the TD8 is amazing as is!

Don't buy a KC500! I own a KC500 but will replace with 2 Mackie SRM450's and maybe the SRS1500 Subwoofer, based upon my impressions & the dual 450's performance. PM3 is Gay!

See Me Setup Below!

------------------
      Someone Set Up Us Da Bomb!!
      -Alex. & V-Drums: http://www.zing.com/album/?id=429276...ulation_page=Y
      Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

have you had a pm3? well if not how can you say that the kc 500 is better?

Comment

I think the KC-500 is a great keyboard amp. My local music store let me have one for a week to try with my vdrums. I didn't like it. I tried the pm3 at a drum show. If you ever intend to play out with a band.. I think you'll be sorry you bought it. It won't keep up with the band. I would rather have 1 G2 or Mackie than either the KC500 or the PM3. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Comment

I (unfortunately) discovered this site after I bought kc-500.
            I do like the amp fpr the snare and toms.
            Kick is lacking,Roland shouldn't market it as an amp for the Vdrums.
            I am wondering if used with a sub if it will be fine for live gigs?
            I am leaning to the mackie srs 1500.
            any thoughts?

------------------
            Doh !!
            The original Gig Pig.

Comment

i am buying a v pro set and i dont know which is better? td8 vs td10,pm3 vs kc 500,memory card vs tdw-1. help please
              The V-Pro set comes with the TD-10. Memory card and TDW-1 are optional. TD-8 has no provision for expansion or memory card. Amplification recommendation is dependent on application i.e. home use, small club, arenas, festivals ...

--------------------
              -~

Comment

have you had a pm3? well if not how can you say that the kc 500 is better?
                I've owned my KC500 since 8/5/98'. I've played the PM3 @ SF's Guitar Center several times at full volume. IMO, it will only suffice for and is designed to be a personal monitor, hence its name. As an Amp, to be heard by others, it's garbage.

------------------
                Someone Set Up Us Da Bomb!!
                -Alex. & V-Drums: http://www.zing.com/album/?id=429276...ulation_page=Y
                Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

The PM-3 is designed and marketed to be a personal monitor (PM) not an amp that "keeps" up with the rest of the band.

Comment

Working...
                  X