Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V CYMBALS WITH TDW-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V CYMBALS WITH TDW-1

Hi all,
    My name is Bryan. I've been a drummer since I was 7 (Now 38) and have had my V-drums (Pro) for about 2 1/2 years... While surfing the net last night I found Vdrums.com and am sure glad I did.
    About 2 weeks ago I visited my local Sam Ash and saw the V Cymbals... They certainly appear to be alot better than my current Pd-9 pads...
    When the TDW-1 came out I was the first one on my block to run out and get it....
    OK here is my question. From everything I have read from this site and Roland's site...Has there been an upgrade to the original TDW-1 to accept V-cymbals, or is it that you just need the TDW-1 for the V-cymbals to work properly? And if there is an upgrade of the TDW-1 How would I know if I have it?
    I'm thinking of getting the V-Hihats and the V ride first, then eventually getting more [email protected] 250 to 300 bucks each....they are not cheap....Thanks for your reply in advance......Bryan
    Timing is everything!

Originally posted by Mrmax:
    ... Has there been an upgrade to the original TDW-1 to accept V-cymbals? And if there is an upgrade of the TDW-1 How would I know if I have it?

Hi Bryan and welcome. The answer to the 1st question is maybe. What I've read here is that if you buy the V-Cymbals and you already have the TDW-1, you're supposed to send it to Roland to have the system V-Cymbalized (at no cost other than shipping). It's not clear to me if Roland is doing their thing to the brain or the wave card or both.

As to the 2nd question, I believe someone here posted that some sort of label differentiates the two.

----------------------
    -~

Comment

Marc and MrMax,

>>>...As to the 2nd question, I believe someone here posted that some sort of label differentiates the two.<<<

The TDW-1 (V-Cymbal version) comes with some stickers you adhere to the TD-10. Just put the stickers on the brain unit as it helps to let you know what new parameters are available. ALWAYS glad to be of service.

Enjoy the music ("Sweet Dreams Are Made of This by the Eurythmics),

Steve R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

"Sweet dreams are made of this
      Who am I to disagree
      I travel the world and the seven seas
      Everybody's looking for something..."

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
      http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Thanks...I called Roland today and got my RMA number to have my TDW-1 updated....I've read in some of the posts that people are saying you need to send the whole TD-10 to them. I was told to just send the TDW-1 and it will be returned in about 48 hours...Thanks again....BTW it's nice to have a place to get all the latest on E-drums...Just wish I found out about this place before I bought my PM-3...Oh well! It's only money....We'll make more!!!
        Timing is everything!

Comment

Working...
        X