Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Before TDW1 Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before TDW1 Upgrade?

Just bought VPro Drums with the TDW1 expanssion board (not installed), and a memory card. I backed up the unit to the memory card, it was so fast that I don't think anything happened. Am I correct in assuming that only the User section is being backed up? And since I haven't made any user kits, there was no data.
    Also, the salesman told me I needed the memory card to keep the original TD10 kits and sounds in order to call them back when I install the upgrade.
    I'm usually not this "dense", but I'm getting conflicting information. All I want to do is install the upgrade and be able to keep the original setup too.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dreamer

I wish salespeople new what they were selling. If you have no custom kits a memory card is not needed for the upgrade. When you add the upgrade the original stock (uncustomized factory settings) TD-10 kits are not lost. You end up with a bank of TD-10 kits, a bank of TDW-1 kits plus a user bank. The upgrade automatically puts the TDW-1 kits in the user area but they are also in the TDW-1's own bank.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer:
      Just bought VPro Drums with the TDW1 expanssion board (not installed), and a memory card. I backed up the unit to the memory card, it was so fast that I don't think anything happened. Am I correct in assuming that only the User section is being backed up? And since I haven't made any user kits, there was no data.
      Also, the salesman told me I needed the memory card to keep the original TD10 kits and sounds in order to call them back when I install the upgrade.
      I'm usually not this "dense", but I'm getting conflicting information. All I want to do is install the upgrade and be able to keep the original setup too.
      Thanks in advance.
      Dreamer
      You'll still be able to access the original kits through the copy function. They're still there, they've just been moved.

Stu

"Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by BtnkBndt:
        I wish salespeople new what they were selling.
        I think the salespeople knew what they were selling - a memory card!

--------------------------
        -~

Comment

Thanks so much for the extremely quick replies. And I do think that the salesman knew he was downsizing his 4 card inventory to a 3 card inventory. Oh well, at least I'll have the card when I start creating kits. Once again, thank you all so much!
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X