Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD 7 triggering rims with piezo pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 7 triggering rims with piezo pads?

I am not in V country yet, so would like some help making my TD 7 more useful.

I have a kit of Visu-lite cymbals and would like to make use of the dual triggers on my TD 7 kit, replacing one rubber pad with two cymbals.

As I understand it, the TD uses piezo (centre) and membrane (rim) switches. This means that I can use a 'Y' jack to attach a piezo cymbal to one side, but the other expects a membrane switch. Does anyone know how to get a piezo to look electrically like a membrane switch? I know that there are no dynamics with this set up, but it is no different to the way that Roland assigns cymbals to the rims at the moment.
    Roland TD20 with Pearl double-pedals, and Yamaha 'professional' HH stand. Extra 2 x PD8, CY5 and Yamaha 5" cymbal. Personal PA - HK1000 amp, Koss 3AA headphones, Vic-Firth 5a-extra wood-tip Sticks, V-Expressions kit profiles. Band PA uses 2 x Bose L1 with three subs.

Merci,

this looks good. The Percussion Sensor circuit looks as if it might do the job. It says that the pulse still carries velocity information. Do you know if that is what the TD-7 expects?

I don't think I need to get the Midi Brain too, provided the output voltages of the sensor are OK for the TD7.

Have you used this circuit yourself?
    Roland TD20 with Pearl double-pedals, and Yamaha 'professional' HH stand. Extra 2 x PD8, CY5 and Yamaha 5" cymbal. Personal PA - HK1000 amp, Koss 3AA headphones, Vic-Firth 5a-extra wood-tip Sticks, V-Expressions kit profiles. Band PA uses 2 x Bose L1 with three subs.

Comment

Working...
    X