Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Xtalk problem/live cymbals and toms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xtalk problem/live cymbals and toms

Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but it's starting to piss me off! ha ha. I've been playing my vpro kit for 1 1/2 years now with no xtalk problem. Even when I put in the expansion board I still didn't have any problems, but all of a sudden my toms kinda' trigger when I hit my crash cymbals. They are mounted on the front rack near the ends on either side of my toms. Last night I played with the sensitivity and that did nothing. I put sensitivity down to 1 with no difference!! Is there any other settings I can try? I've seen on this site that some people recommend cymbal stands. I don't want to have to do that! Perhaps I should just reset EVERYTHING back to factory and start over. Can that be done? I mean not just the kits, but the control panel and everything. Thanks for help guys...

Chris

Originally posted by cproctor:
    Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but it's starting to piss me off! ha ha. I've been playing my vpro kit for 1 1/2 years now with no xtalk problem. Even when I put in the expansion board I still didn't have any problems, but all of a sudden my toms kinda' trigger when I hit my crash cymbals. They are mounted on the front rack near the ends on either side of my toms. Last night I played with the sensitivity and that did nothing. I put sensitivity down to 1 with no difference!! Is there any other settings I can try? I've seen on this site that some people recommend cymbal stands. I don't want to have to do that! Perhaps I should just reset EVERYTHING back to factory and start over. Can that be done? I mean not just the kits, but the control panel and everything. Thanks for help guys...

Chris
    One solution off the top of my head is to get those little Gibraltar cymbal boom attachments, which let you mount your cymbal holders in the legs of your rack, they're not too expensive, about 15, 16 bucks each, and they helped my crosstalk problems.

Stu

"Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Sensitivity won't really help. You'll just lose your dynamic range on the toms. Best bet is to raise the crosstalk value until the problem goes away. (I think 85 is max on the TD8.) If it's still a problem, raise the threshhold value on the offending pad a number or 2. Raise it too much and light hits won't trigger, though.

Comment

Working...
      X