Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Position sensing on the V-Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position sensing on the V-Ride

I am working on setting up a V-session kit to be all that it can be. My problem is that getting the "bell" segment of the V-ride to actually trigger the "bell" sounds on the TD-10 is a major hassle.

It seems like I have to hit it just right, like no margin of error, and really nail it hard even then. Do these new pads just suck or is there some setting that I need to adjust?

Do you have the new expansion board for the vcymbals?

Comment

I don't own a Session yet but I've had very good demo's. Were and special settings covered in the manuals? For instance, the tigger bank settings have to be altered. I had so-so luck with the bell until I changed the pad in the bank from pd-9 to. Don't forget the Aux. input.

Comment

The new three zone ride is a new one around here. Not many have had experience with it yet. Hopefully the TDW-1 manual or the manual that came with the cymbal pad itself will explain the proper pad type and give a starting point for proper parameter settings? Have you sat down and really read the manuals? As Cliff pointed out, don't forget you will have to use the proper two inputs hopefully as explained by Roland.

Any info you can add yourself will be mostly new news here as many haven't recieved the pads yet.

Good Luck and I'm jealous.

Comment

I'll be getting my V Session out of layaway in about 3 weeks and I'll give a report at that time.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HappySysiphus:
            Do these new pads just suck or is there some setting that I need to adjust?
            Happy and Tom Berry,
            You would think that if you have a V-Session it would have the three way triggering and the manual explaining it already. If not I have the TDW-1 with V-Cymbal control (no V-Cymbals yet) and on page 14 it says:

To use the Bow Shot and Bell shot connect the CY-15R's "bow/bell output" to the TD10's trigger input 10/ride and set the trigger type of 10 to RdA.

To use the Bow Shot and Edge shot connect the CY-15R's "bow/Edge output" to the TD10's trigger input 10/ride and set the trigger type of 10 to RdA.

To use the Bow Shot, Bell shot and Edge shot (three way triggering) connect the CY-15R's "bow/bell output" to the TD10's trigger input 10/ride and set the trigger type of 10 to RdA and connect the CY-15r's "bow/edge output to the TD10's trigger input 11/aux1 and set the trigger type to CTR (CY-15R Control)

It also warns you that if you don't use the CTR and RdA triggers you will have problems and that only 1 trigger should be set to CTR.

Hope this helps any that may be wondering.

Comment

Thanks for the response, but believe it or not I have actually read the manual.

After messing around with it for hours, I have come to the determination that the V-ride is not all it's cracked up to be. I plan on using a seperate pad for songs on which I wish to play the bell.

Everything else about the kit is fantastic though.

Sysiphus

[This message has been edited by HappySysiphus (edited April 16, 2001).]

Comment

Have you palyed arund with the sensitivity settings?

Comment

That's really wierd because the kit I sat down to at Guitar Center had the ride cymbal working flawlessly. The bell seemed to respond exactly how I expected it to, and I didnt have to think twice about it once I started playing it.

I think you're doing something wrong.

Comment

I tend to agree with Louis. Perhaps the pad is defective. If you ever have a problem with a Roland product, your 1st course should be to call customer service.

Comment

Working...
                    X