Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha HH80 - Roland FD-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha HH80 - Roland FD-7

I've got a Yamaha DTX2U module. I hoped to use my Roland FD-7 as the hi-hat controller. The problem is that the Yamaha module uses a stereo input for the hi-hat controller and the FD-7 uses mono. Anyone know of a way to make this work...or does anyone have a Yamaha HH80 pedal they'd trade for a good FD-7?

Thanks,

Scott

I think a trade would be your best bet and maybe your only option. This is a schematic from a yamaha pedal Someone sent me with a similar question:

You would have to build a conversion box with a mono input jack to replace the bank of resistors and switches to the right. Still the problem is resistance. The FD7 I believe is around 25k and the Yamaha is...well your guess is as good as mine?

[This message has been edited by BtnkBndt (edited February 02, 2001).]

Comment

Im on the lookout for a FD7 . In case you are interested in a sale contact me. I have a Roland SPD11 and am trying to use it with pedals from ayamaha DD 50.
      Vinay - [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X