Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-10 tempo light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 tempo light?

Greetings all...

I have a rather unique question (I believe) that I know all you V-drum/midi guruís out there can handle:
    (Any suggestions are duly appreciated)

I play in a 3-piece and we use some sequenced patterns in our live shows. Some sequences are longer than others, which creates the need to occasionally play along to a click track for solid timing w/patterns.
    I play drums and sing w/a headset mic (another drummer thatís not tone-deaf?!) so wearing headphones w/a click track is quite impractical (difficult to hear the harmonies).
    Short of buying an earphone monitor system, (don't want that click audible to the audience), we were trying to devise a way to rig a midi(?) signal somehow (slave/master triggered?) via my TD-10 and/or his Korg Triton (hereís the trick) to an external light/device that would flash or blink to a metronome signal the the pattern's tempo...
    Anybody attempted anything like this??
    Iím not a midi/lighting Mensa, and we have a couple ideas, but I was hoping to tap the brain-trust of this site to see it there are other ideas that could be feasible (without spending a fortune and years of our time)?

BTW...Thanks to all who contribute your time to this site--itís been a PRICELESS resource over the years!

------------------
    (utah bites)
    (utah bites)

Maybe this will work for you. Are you good with a solderin' iron?
    http://www.maxmidi.com/diy/metro/index.html

Comment

Thanks Btnk...

I'm not sure I'm quite THAT handy with the soldering iron, but if I don't figure out anything better, I may have to sit down with a few good beers over the weekend and try winging it.

It's what I'm looking for (if I could only find something preassembled and spare what little is left of my fragile sanity)

hmmm...

------------------
      (utah bites)
      (utah bites)

Comment

Working...
      X