Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know...

what trigger system this guy use for his kick drum/sound ?

http://www.shakerleg.com/av/doc2.html

Hope my question is in the right place on the board

Mike

None. He uses the bass tone of the djembe. He is all acoustic.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay... Thanks for that info Michael

For a while I've have been thinking about the idea, of having like a rubber plate with a trigger built in, so you just have to lift your leg when you play kick drum.

See if I can explain a bit better... For instance I practice pretty much my double bass skills on the floor when I'm here in front of the computer. Imagine a trigger under each foot sending a signal to a Handsonic for instance.

You could do without pedals then... Silly ?
      I think it's a good idea for a space saving kit.

What do you think ?

Mike

P.S. Might take a while to get used to play withot pedals...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeVdrummer

For a while I've have been thinking about the idea, of having like a rubber plate with a trigger built in, so you just have to lift your leg when you play kick drum.

See if I can explain a bit better... For instance I practice pretty much my double bass skills on the floor when I'm here in front of the computer. Imagine a trigger under each foot sending a signal to a Handsonic for instance.

You could do without pedals then... Silly ?
        I think it's a good idea for a space saving kit.

What do you think ?

Mike

P.S. Might take a while to get used to play without pedals...
        I think that's an excellent idea if you could make a trigger surface very flat to lay on the floor under your feet. Why bother with pedals and vertical pads when you consider how much trouble they can entail with all those unnecessary attachments and potential for undesired movement or breakage. We only kick upright things because that's what our A-ancestors had to do.

You could probably even play a flat floor trigger heel up or heel down. But it wouldn't be so good for apartment dwellers!

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT
          We only kick upright things because that's what our A-ancestors had to do.
          Consumer acceptance is often the limiting factor, when it comes to new approaches. It's not hard to come up with ideas that break molds, but people tend not to want to stray too far from what they already know (think of pop music, which essentially feeds off itself where the next hit is modeled after last month's chart-topper).

Any drummer seen playing anything that looks too futuristic, regardless of how good or bad it sounds or functions, is often viewed by many as being some kind of freak/geek (although that might work well for some guys, though).

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by hiroshi
            Consumer acceptance is often the limiting factor, when it comes to new approaches.
            Yes, but at least this would be a practical idea if it could be made to work properly. Whereas something like, oh - let's say, putting speakers in drums, is ......, well ......, NOT.

Bruce

Comment

You could probably even play a flat floor trigger heel up or heel down.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Yeah or maybe a dobbel trigger plate which require same playing technic similar to this pedal...

http://sonor-world.com/cgi-sys/Sonor...bcccea8624a58c

Mike

Comment

I think that the worst problem would be that the feeling would be very different from a standard kick pedal. No spring tension, and no rebound from the head...
                TD-12 BK kit (stock, no modifications)

Comment

Originally posted by gkarness
                  I think that the worst problem would be that the feeling would be very different from a standard kick pedal. No spring tension, and no rebound from the head...
                  And no getting whacked in the ankles. That would suck.

. . . . . . . . . .

"Make me an instrument of your peace..."

Comment

I once thought of putting piezo triggers inside the heel and toe of surf shoes. Those shoes are very light and flexible... I never got any further than the idea though...
                    Has anybody ever tried something like this?

Comment

Working...
                    X