Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha dual trigger and TD10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha dual trigger and TD10?

I just bought a Yamaha BP80 to go with my VPro set. The BP80 is a dual trigger tubular bar that looks like a nimrod or dingbat from pintech. Only diffrence is that it has two pads along the bar and uses a stereo cord for two different sounds; or at least that is what is supposed to do. The first trigger works fine but the second that is assigned to the rim works about 10% of the time, it ussually triggers the sound from the first trigger. I messed around with the trigger parameters - crosstalk and scantime etc. but did not have much luck. Any suggestions or should I send her back?
    Thanks, Rob

Originally posted by Zigs:
    I just bought a Yamaha BP80 to go with my VPro set. The BP80 is a dual trigger tubular bar that looks like a nimrod or dingbat from pintech. Only diffrence is that it has two pads along the bar and uses a stereo cord for two different sounds; or at least that is what is supposed to do. The first trigger works fine but the second that is assigned to the rim works about 10% of the time, it ussually triggers the sound from the first trigger. I messed around with the trigger parameters - crosstalk and scantime etc. but did not have much luck. Any suggestions or should I send her back?
    Thanks, Rob

here's your answer....
    http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000029.html

It pays to research before you buy.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hey Boingo - great reply - that guy linked to must be really smart!

Anyhow, I have long ago given up trying to access the rim trigger on the Aux 11/12 inputs using the BP80. Even the 'shack adapter' didn't work.

The BP80 is a great dual trigger if you don't mind not having access to the 2 extra rim triggers.

I am watching EBay looking for some deals on PD-7's, as these do work on the Aux 11/12 inputs for both triggers.

[This message has been edited by TomLandin (edited April 01, 2001).]
      Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Thanks for the link and the settings information for the BP80. Works great now. Only thing I had to different is set the threshold up higher on the A trigger. I was hoping I could use the BP80 with only one input; but I am still happy with it, it does give me two triggers together without have to mount two separate ones with two separate cords.
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X