Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Yamaha dual trigger and TD10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha dual trigger and TD10?

I just bought a Yamaha BP80 to go with my VPro set. The BP80 is a dual trigger tubular bar that looks like a nimrod or dingbat from pintech. Only diffrence is that it has two pads along the bar and uses a stereo cord for two different sounds; or at least that is what is supposed to do. The first trigger works fine but the second that is assigned to the rim works about 10% of the time, it ussually triggers the sound from the first trigger. I messed around with the trigger parameters - crosstalk and scantime etc. but did not have much luck. Any suggestions or should I send her back?
    Thanks, Rob

Originally posted by Zigs:
    I just bought a Yamaha BP80 to go with my VPro set. The BP80 is a dual trigger tubular bar that looks like a nimrod or dingbat from pintech. Only diffrence is that it has two pads along the bar and uses a stereo cord for two different sounds; or at least that is what is supposed to do. The first trigger works fine but the second that is assigned to the rim works about 10% of the time, it ussually triggers the sound from the first trigger. I messed around with the trigger parameters - crosstalk and scantime etc. but did not have much luck. Any suggestions or should I send her back?
    Thanks, Rob

here's your answer....
    http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000029.html

It pays to research before you buy.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hey Boingo - great reply - that guy linked to must be really smart!

Anyhow, I have long ago given up trying to access the rim trigger on the Aux 11/12 inputs using the BP80. Even the 'shack adapter' didn't work.

The BP80 is a great dual trigger if you don't mind not having access to the 2 extra rim triggers.

I am watching EBay looking for some deals on PD-7's, as these do work on the Aux 11/12 inputs for both triggers.

[This message has been edited by TomLandin (edited April 01, 2001).]
      Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Thanks for the link and the settings information for the BP80. Works great now. Only thing I had to different is set the threshold up higher on the A trigger. I was hoping I could use the BP80 with only one input; but I am still happy with it, it does give me two triggers together without have to mount two separate ones with two separate cords.
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X