Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mis i g Ki k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis i g Ki k

Have any of you ever had trouble with the kick not triggering occasionally?
    I experienced this a few times in my basement
    (kd-7,TD-10)but figured maybe it was due to the carpet pad the kit is sitting on. Then last week I had a lot of trouble with it in the studio. It was particulary a problem on song we do w/ 4 on the floor @ about 130 bpm. Luckily the engineer could copy & paste but I don't want this to be a problem live.
    We cranked the sensitivity all the way up and I really laid into it but still had a problem. Any suggestions?

------------------

It may be a crosstalk problem. Use this sites search. Type missed hits, and you will find many tips to fix this problem.

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Iv'e had two KD7's fail in 2 Months. The little circuit board in the base of the KD7 under the plastic housing is built so cheaply that it can not and will not put up with the pounding that it should be able to withstand. What Ive done know is something that I read in a previous post, Iv'e clamped a PD120 to the lower cross-member of my stand, added a bunch of high quality velcro to the bottom of my Iron Cobra pedal, stuck that pedal in a just-off-centre position up against the PD120 so it struck the head squarly but about an inch above the cone, made the proper adjustments on the TD10 and wow! is this turning out to be a great kick trigger! And it looks and plays very well. With the pedal stuck to the carpet and not to the kick it can really be tuned in as far as set-up and feel. Highly recommended.
      Or,
      There are a ton of other fixes for the KD7, just use the search function.
      Good luck.

Comment

hi, pls check out http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000123.html

I've had this problem and this shows my solution to the kd7 and protecting the "poorly made" circuit board.

Fon
        Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
        Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

Perhaps the kick beater is too bouncy or too muddy?
          Robert

Comment

I've noticed that the kd-7 will randomly trigger both the #1 trigger and #2 trigger sounds. Since I don't use the two sounds seperately I just make them the same volume and sound. So when it triggers both #1 and #2 it comes out as one sound. Maybe you have #2 turned off or to soft to hear?

[This message has been edited by ADD (edited April 02, 2001).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ADD:
              [B]I've noticed that the kd-7 will randomly trigger both the #1 trigger and #2 trigger sounds. Since I don't use the two sounds seperately I just make them the same volume and sound. So when it triggers both #1 and #2 it comes out as one sound. Maybe you have #2 turned off or to soft to hear?

Thanks all for the replies. Can you comment on the #1 & #2 trigger sounds? I'm not familar w/ that.

Comment

I've gotten used to using the KD7s. However, I haven't gotten used to the missing beats. The guys are correct when they say that the electronics in it are going bad. I play moderately firmly on them and I've had to fix mine twice in three years. If you gig or play alot, it may be worth it to buy a backup KD7.

Good repair stores will charge about $45 (I think...it's been awhile)to fix it and you get all new electronics, including jacks. I've found one store that will fix the KD7 within a day or two for an extra $25. It is a common problem and most Roland repair centers will have the parts.

Good Luck.
                WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

Working...
                X