Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

main output levels uneven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• main output levels uneven

Has anyone else had this problem. V-Pro TD-10 set (without expansion). I have noticed that using main outputs the left side is much hotter than right. This only happens when both outputs are used (l/r).
    If I only use left or right one at a time the levels are even, but when I plug in both the left side gets much hotter. I have changed cables, mixer channels, this happens with drum sounds and backing music. Just using headphones the l/r volumes are even. I reinit'ed the unit, still no change. I cant find any master balance in the menus. Hoping someone has seen this before i send in for repair. For now I can compensate by setting right channel on the board higher, but dont think i should have to do this.
    Thanks
    Duane

[This message has been edited by dramelot (edited March 26, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by dramelot (edited March 26, 2001).]

Hey Duane. Sorry to hear about your issue. I've never experienced that or heard of it. I would probably start looking into having it repaired.

That is such a bummer

Comment

Please re-initialize the module.
      Never touch the module when booting up.
      Check all mixer settings (you perhaps already did, but check twice)
      If nothing helps: bring the module back for repair
      Robert

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys,
        Yep checked many times many ways, seems to have someting to do with the left/mono jack, i know from my electronics experience that there is a circuit that when left is engaged it routes the full stereo signal through that jack. and when the right and left are engaged it splits to stereo. It used to work fine, this just showed up recently. Some thing is not working correctly in that circuit. Cant do withought my td-10 that long, will compensate channel volume for now,,,,, hmmm maybe time to open her up.
        By the way, the direct outs work just fine, but i like the onboard effects out of the mains for recording.
        I own 4 roland products, guit synth, keyboards, td-10. I have never had a problem with any after heavy road abuse, i guess it was time...........what sucks is this set has never left my studio.
        Duane

Comment

Originally posted by dramelot:
          Thanks for the replies guys,
          Yep checked many times many ways, seems to have someting to do with the left/mono jack, i know from my electronics experience that there is a circuit that when left is engaged it routes the full stereo signal through that jack. and when the right and left are engaged it splits to stereo. It used to work fine, this just showed up recently. Some thing is not working correctly in that circuit. Cant do withought my td-10 that long, will compensate channel volume for now,,,,, hmmm maybe time to open her up.
          By the way, the direct outs work just fine, but i like the onboard effects out of the mains for recording.
          I own 4 roland products, guit synth, keyboards, td-10. I have never had a problem with any after heavy road abuse, i guess it was time...........what sucks is this set has never left my studio.
          Duane
          I know this may sound stupid or simple ? Did you swap cables to see if it still reacted the same way ? Might get lucky and could be a bad/going/gone cord ? Just starting with the simplest and least expensive process of elemination , but I assume you already did this ! I know it's simple and almost a (given) but sometimes you are tired or something and can be overlooked ? Hope ya get lucky and it's only the cord!
          FRAN

Comment

Working...
          X