Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Question about the JBL's............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the JBL's............

HI,

I just bought the VDrums with the TD-10, and I'm very happy with them. I want to get some speakers that can handle the lows. I already have a power mixer, so I'm wondering what speaker I should get. Does the JBL EON15 come unpowered, and is it worth to get that. Any help would be appreeciated. Thanks,
    Brian

There are many unpowered (normal) speaker systems who will do the job. Look at the number of Ohms at your powered mixer.
    Robert

Comment

i use the jbl eon15 powered and they kick ass i also have the pm3 and am getting some bigger monitors those little 50watters are for bookshelf stereos i think. i use real cyms and hh and mike them thru my sound mans setup

Comment

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to get a JBL 125 with a 15" speaker. Has anyone tries this speaker with the V-Drums.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by senepede
          Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to get a JBL 125 with a 15" speaker. Has anyone tries this speaker with the V-Drums.

Thanks
          senepede, how did you go with the JBL125?

Comment

WOW!! Talking about reviving an old thread! I seriously doubt your chances of a reply from the authors as this thread is over 4 years old - not to mention that no one has seen puttenvr since Moses was playing full-back for Egypt!!!!!!

However, there are plenty of members out there using the JBLs and I'm sure they will chime in sometime soon!
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo
              WOW!! Talking about reviving an old thread! I seriously doubt your chances of a reply from the authors as this thread is over 4 years old - not to mention that no one has seen puttenvr since Moses was playing full-back for Egypt!!!!!!

However, there are plenty of members out there using the JBLs and I'm sure they will chime in sometime soon!
              I'm beginning to feel like i did yesterday when my Japanese students told me during English class that my fly was open, after laughing at me for about 10 minutes!
              I should pay more attention to the dates on threads

Comment

I built a "miniature" rear loaded horn using a 12" 300W Jensen subwoofer. I say miniature because most designs for this type of cabinet are the size of small minivans, and supposed to be used in pairs. My mixer has a subwoofer tap, (below 100Hz) which I run to a 100W amp. I had also considered a 12" car subwoofer cabinet since the main function is to add bottom end punch to the bass & toms, & a tiny bit to the snare, not high fidelity.

Comment

Originally posted by sugoi
                  I should pay more attention to the dates on threads
                  No problems. We all have days like that!

Strangely enought, those JBL owning members seem mysteriously silent - perhaps it is because they have become deaf?
                  Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Hi, I have the JRX115 JBL Speakers hooked up to a yamaha 500 watt powered mixer and I think they sound great !!
                    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
                    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo
                      Strangely enought, those JBL owning members seem mysteriously silent - perhaps it is because they have become deaf?
                      Who said that? Hello??
                      Too much stuff to list & a TD-20

Comment

I've used the JBL EON 15 G2s for a couple of years now - and they're excellent! They're a little pricey, but worth every penny. They're robust and reliable and I've not had them distort at all.

I don't play massive venues, but up to 300-400 people sized places, and they're fine. I've never got above about 2/3 in terms of their potential volume.

I've had many, many compliments on the sound of my drums - shame they weren't about my playing eh?!
                        Andy
                        TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Oz DrumR
                          I've used the JBL EON 15 G2s for a couple of years now - and they're excellent! They're a little pricey, but worth every penny. They're robust and reliable and I've not had them distort at all.

I don't play massive venues, but up to 300-400 people sized places, and they're fine. I've never got above about 2/3 in terms of their potential volume.

I've had many, many compliments on the sound of my drums - shame they weren't about my playing eh?!
                          Thanks for your input into this 'revived' thread Oz!
                          I'm considering getting one or two of the jbl eon15-g2 speakers and a subwoofer to match - do you use the sub? Also, while comparing the EON series, do you know anything about the JRX series? Thanks!
                          P.s. How's the weather in Oz?

Comment

Know nothing about the JRX series.

I haven't used the sub - for what I'm doing, I get enough bottom end from my G2's - having said that, if I had the cash (and space in the car to transport) I'd probably grab a sub - and then claim to notice the difference!

The weather in Sydney is okay - touched 20C today - not bad for mid winter.

Let me know how you go with the sub!
                            Andy
                            TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Does anyone use the JRXs?

Comment

Working...
                              X