Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensitivity/Snare-Tom suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitivity/Snare-Tom suggestions

I have a Two part question:
    1. Can anyone give me some good advice on sensitivity? I am in a live environment and currently the sensitivity is set on 13 with the TD10X. To achieve maximum dynamic and control, should I set the level lower to say 5? Seems like it's hard to do good builds on the toms/snare with the sens. that high?

2. Can anyone recommend a good snare with depth that will cut through the PA? We are runnning Snare/toms/kick through individual channels back to the board allowing control to the tech. However the toms and snare seem to still have no depth to them. I am a new v-drum user, have been playing acoustic for 15 years.

Thanks.

Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
      Yes, the snare/kick/toms are currently run to (3) separate channels on the board. They tech is complaining that the snare is not "fat" enough or not enough "crack" to it. Any suggestions on snares?

Comment

Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
          Are you saying changing the loose, normal, tight settings in the module is actually going to change the sound? I don't think so. You need to sit down and read the manual.

Comment

Studio

Comment

adjust the instrument eq and check the sensor for wear. get the expansion card its worth the money. my snare is fat and sassy or small and meek in all kits and settings how ever i prefer it to be im able to set it up.

Comment

Working...
              X