Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Turbo Td-7 Volume Fades in & out ? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Td-7 Volume Fades in & out ? Help

I reciently got a used turbo td-7 the volume seems to be on a constant swing every 6 seconds or so I get a loud response even with a light or moderate hit. Then volume drops and hard hits have low volume. The good news is one third of the time it works great. I have a manual but the word volume never really is discussed. This manual and module is much more difficult to use than my old alesis. I can't find anything about reseting everything back to factory specs. I think the last owner my have it out of wack. Or do I have a problem? Also the volume on the cymbals and especially the hihat are low compared to the drums. Can anybody shed some light? Thanks !!!!

Which pads do you use?
    The TD-7 is very sensitive to its own Roland pads. Not to others.
    Robert

Comment

Thanks for the response. I use a set of full size yamaha acoustic drums, with quiet triggers laid over the heads . these triggers are from the same guys that make the visulite cymbals. The thing is I use a PD 120 Roland for my snare and a FD 7 Roland highat contoler plus visulite cymbals. They all seem to do the same thing.
      Originally posted by puttenvr:
      Which pads do you use?
      The TD-7 is very sensitive to its own Roland pads. Not to others.

Comment

Last thing to do: re-initialize the td-7. Otherwise: go and see the Roland doctor
        Robert

Comment

Hi thanks for your help. The manual says nothing about how to re-initialize the module. How do you do that? also where can I find the Roland Dr.
          Last thing to do: re-initialize the td-7. Otherwise: go and see the Roland doctor

Comment

It was long ago I played a td-7 but somewhere behind the system button is the initialize all function. Scroll through the menus, please.

With the Roland doctor I ofcourse meant the Roland distributor for service and repair.
            Robert

Comment

Hey ! Your right I found it it's one sentence buried in with the highat initialization instruction. I'll try it. Thanks!!!
              It was long ago I played a td-7 but somewhere behind the system button is the initialize all function. Scroll through the menus, please.

With the Roland doctor I ofcourse meant the Roland distributor for service and repair.

Comment

Hello again. Tried the initialize all function . Didn't seem to change anything. I love the fast response of the turbo module. Know of any other modules with fast response without spending $1000 like td-8 or td-10 might cost.?

Comment

Okay since re-initializing doesn't work: go to the Roland dealer for a repair.

Know of any other modules with fast response without spending $1000 like td-8 or td-10 might cost?

The TD-6 is out now...
                  Robert

Comment

Working...
                  X