Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo Td-7 Volume Fades in & out ? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Td-7 Volume Fades in & out ? Help

I reciently got a used turbo td-7 the volume seems to be on a constant swing every 6 seconds or so I get a loud response even with a light or moderate hit. Then volume drops and hard hits have low volume. The good news is one third of the time it works great. I have a manual but the word volume never really is discussed. This manual and module is much more difficult to use than my old alesis. I can't find anything about reseting everything back to factory specs. I think the last owner my have it out of wack. Or do I have a problem? Also the volume on the cymbals and especially the hihat are low compared to the drums. Can anybody shed some light? Thanks !!!!

Which pads do you use?
    The TD-7 is very sensitive to its own Roland pads. Not to others.
    Robert

Comment

Thanks for the response. I use a set of full size yamaha acoustic drums, with quiet triggers laid over the heads . these triggers are from the same guys that make the visulite cymbals. The thing is I use a PD 120 Roland for my snare and a FD 7 Roland highat contoler plus visulite cymbals. They all seem to do the same thing.
      Originally posted by puttenvr:
      Which pads do you use?
      The TD-7 is very sensitive to its own Roland pads. Not to others.

Comment

Last thing to do: re-initialize the td-7. Otherwise: go and see the Roland doctor
        Robert

Comment

Hi thanks for your help. The manual says nothing about how to re-initialize the module. How do you do that? also where can I find the Roland Dr.
          Last thing to do: re-initialize the td-7. Otherwise: go and see the Roland doctor

Comment

It was long ago I played a td-7 but somewhere behind the system button is the initialize all function. Scroll through the menus, please.

With the Roland doctor I ofcourse meant the Roland distributor for service and repair.
            Robert

Comment

Hey ! Your right I found it it's one sentence buried in with the highat initialization instruction. I'll try it. Thanks!!!
              It was long ago I played a td-7 but somewhere behind the system button is the initialize all function. Scroll through the menus, please.

With the Roland doctor I ofcourse meant the Roland distributor for service and repair.

Comment

Hello again. Tried the initialize all function . Didn't seem to change anything. I love the fast response of the turbo module. Know of any other modules with fast response without spending $1000 like td-8 or td-10 might cost.?

Comment

Okay since re-initializing doesn't work: go to the Roland dealer for a repair.

Know of any other modules with fast response without spending $1000 like td-8 or td-10 might cost?

The TD-6 is out now...
                  Robert

Comment

Working...
                  X