Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8 vs TD-10 again !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 vs TD-10 again !!!

TD-10 56-voice polyphony
    TD-8 64-voice polyphony

More of a natural sound with TD-8. Longer and better sustain when having a lot going on at the same time. I believe some of you found the TD-8 Rides to be better in one-way or another, well here is the reason that some of you felt that way.

You wanted to play more at the same time (triggering loops, playing over sequenced parts, utilizing both arms & feet simultaneously) this is where the TD-8 will sound better then the TD-10.

Quick question: Does the expansion card for the TD-10 raise the polyphony? I did not check that part of the expansion card.

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

No
    Robert

Comment

But puttenvr, you can lay down more voices simultaneously.

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
        But puttenvr, you can lay down more voices simultaneously.
        Then why did you ask
        Robert

Comment

puttenvr,

I was not sure if you responded with NO my question if the expansion card pushed the polyphony up, or you donít think that higher polyphony is irrelevant in this case?

Please advice.

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

As far as I know the polyphony isn't raised, but it's a long time ago sinceI played the td-10 exp so perhaps I am wrong.

Having a huge polyphony can be of use if you play many voices at the same time. So, yes it can be important.
            Robert

Comment

Thanks for the response, puttenvr.

------------------
              szvook
              Studio

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be retitled to "TD-6K vs TD-8 vs TD-10 again?"

The TD-6K is the bomb! Probably has every bit of 4 voice polyphony.
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hey Boingo get this: 64-voice of polifonia.

It must be even better than the 10 huh? We should be jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by BtnkBndt:

That's all I needed to hear. Guess I'll be using the classified thread to unload this piece of crap TD-10 I got. I wonder how long it will take to find some sad sack to take it?
                    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by BtnkBndt:

That's all I needed to hear. Guess I'll be using the classified thread to unload this piece of crap TD-10 I got. I wonder how long it will take to find some sad sack to take it?

Comment

Guy, donít go out and get rid off your TD-10ís just yet.

What I wanted to say was this. Having more polyphony, such as 64 voices instead of 56 voices will help if you are really going to have a lot going on at the same time. Especially when sequences are running and you are jamming to them, or you are triggering loops from you rims and playing on top of them.

If you do this only once in a while, the higher polyphony wonít matter that much, unless you are playing a lot of voices simultaneously, all the time. I do and to me the higher polyphony does make a noticeable deference when it comes to sustain for example.

This is just my experience with the Rolandís. The 64 voices, was one of the features that made me go with the TD-8.

------------------
                        szvook
                        Studio

Comment

Just like I said: but don't forget some instrument sounds may slurp up upto 4 blocks (voices) at one time. So, indeed with sequencing there may be some prblms
                          Robert

Comment

Most important thing to keep in mind when selecting your drum modules - application. No need to panic and trash the TD's or any modules out there, just find what suits you, your playing style and style of music. Some of you might never push the modules all the way, all the time, yet the complaints are raining down about what my module can & can't do in comparison to other modules.

Take a step back and ask yourself a question. What do I want this thing to do for me at this time? If you really need to go with another module, make sure you applied your current one to your application needs first before you think its no good anymore.

------------------
                            szvook
                            Studio

Comment

Working...
                            X