Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TDi's site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDi's site

Thought I would post this as a new topic TDi, you deserve it.

I visited your site and wanted to say thanks for your work to make it, and compliments for the clear instructions on using MidiOx. One suggestion - On your uploading a .sysex file from PC to TD-8 lesson, you might want to mention how to determine what kit number will be overwritten on the TD8.

MidiOx is easy, free, and essential if you own a TD-8.... you owe it to yourself to visit this site and contribute to it...

Thanks again!
    http://www.thetdi.de

THE BEST SITE FOR TD-8 USERS OR FUTURE OWNERS!!!! THANX MFRZDRUM !!!!

--------TIMO DAMMES KICKS ASS--------

Comment

What do I have to pay for having posts like this ?
      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
        What do I have to pay for having posts like this ?
        $10US per month. Make checks payable to Boingo.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Firstly,
          thank you very much for compliments on my site!

mfrzrdrum:
          "One suggestion - On your uploading a .sysex file from PC to TD-8 lesson, you might want to mention how to determine what kit number will be overwritten on the TD8."

Well, how do I actually indicate...I mean if the file isn't like #64_mykit.syx? Does MidiOX support any information?

Anyway... thanks again, visit my site and give constructive criticism so that I can upgrade my site! ;-)

byeČ

Comment

Ah.... I see what you mean. In the TD-8 I made an exact copy of a kit, then downloaded each one to my PC. I was hoping, with the formatted hex view in sysex, to find the kit number. I found it once, but you would be surprised at the amount of difference between the two files. Maybe someone smarter than me...?

Or try to encourage people to include the kit number in the name, as you did?

Comment

OK...if you want to see, from which number a kit has been downloaded and to which it will be uploaded, you have to open the .syx file in hex view. The first bytes are always like this:
              F0 41 10 00 20 12 41 XX 00...
              The XX stands for the kit number, but the number is hexadecimal:

hexa=>kit nr
              00=>1
              01=>2
              0A=>11
              3F=>64

I'm trying to write a prog that analyses the number and changes it to a any value. But the damn checksum...

Comment

Yes, this much I figured out. But I think you'll find the kit number in multiple locations within the file, if you did as I and do a kit copy and compare the files.

I thought I would find a kit number, then all the data. But I think instead of having all the data in one contiguous location, it seems to be spread in multiple locations. For example (I'm guessing), a instrument list location, an effects location, and EQ location, etc. for each kit.

So, I'll let you be the first to modify the hex file and download one. But at least I can determine where the kit will be written and clear out a spot for it. Still, it would be nice....

[This message has been edited by mfrzrdrum (edited February 02, 2001).]

Comment

Hi!
                  Oki...all problems with my SysExEditor are washed away!

With this little tool, you can load a SyxEx-file from your Harddisk, see its name and kitnumber, edit those two characteristics, save it to Harddisk OR upload it to Roland's TD8 via midicable. So it's a handy tool to install SyxEx-files to your soundmodule.

so check it out at http://www.thetdi.de

Sorry about server probs... if it doesn't speed up, I'll use another. :-)

CU

[This message has been edited by TDi (edited March 14, 2001).]

Comment

Hi folks!
                    I just updated my site!!!
                    Now, it's on a faster server, gotta new goddawm java menu, a forum and much more...

so check it out!
                    http://www.thetdi.de

Comment

Originally posted by TDi:
                      ...I found out that Roland doesn't follow the rules ...
                      Of course not. Roland makes the rules.

~~~~~
                      -~

Comment

Working...
                      X