Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Where can I down load some killer VDrum kit set ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I down load some killer VDrum kit set ups?

I have just bought a set of TD10 expanded VDrums. I'm new to all of this so I'm on a learning curve. My thinking is "Why re-invent the wheel". If there are some good rock and roll drum kits floating around in cyber space, it would be great to get hold of them, rather than spending hours trying to dial them up. Does anyone have any info on how to explore this further please?

Oh yes! This is probably a silly question, but ..... is it possible to load other sounds into the TD10 or are you stuck with what the factory give you?

Thanks

Dean

Originally posted by acme:
    If there are some good rock and roll drum kits floating around in cyber space, it would be great to get hold of them, rather than spending hours trying to dial them up. Does anyone have any info on how to explore this further please?

Oh yes! This is probably a silly question, but ..... is it possible to load other sounds into the TD10 or are you stuck with what the factory give you?
    Try the Vkittrans section of this forum. I believe I also saw some on the website of Pierre Boismenu, which is in todays active topics.

Sorry, yes, you are "stuck" with the over 1000 sounds that you have in your TD-10, all of which are infinitely able to be modified.

[This message has been edited by Arriguy (edited March 05, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
      ... yes, you are "stuck" with the over 1000 sounds that you have in your TD-10, all of which are infinitely able to be modified.

Not really, most sounds only can be changed in pitch and decay. Only a third of the sounds can be changed with v-editing. And even this v-editing is limited.

So, the td-10 is a good module with a lot of edit options but don't make the sun shine brighter than it does...
      Robert

Comment

Acme,

Remember that you are "stuck" with the factory kits. The kits are made up of the sounds. The sounds can be edited (ok, putt, not EVERY ONE of them can be v-edited, but if I recall correctly, you can't "v-edit" anything on the ddrums <g>).

I could make a number of pretty different sounding kits just by adjusting all of the parameters sounds in one of the presets. Even when you add up all the presets, you are not accessing ALL the sounds (I'd be surprised if you even heard half of them with the td-10 kits and the tdw-1 kits together). You've got to get in there and play with them. Make them sound like YOU want them to. Maybe you can't get it exact, but you can get pretty damn close to nearly any studio sound you hear right now.

redbrick
        My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:

Not really, most sounds only can be changed in pitch and decay. Only a third of the sounds can be changed with v-editing. And even this v-editing is limited.
          While you are correct sir, you can change many other areas that effect the sound even further on the non-Vedit sounds. Don't forget ambience, room size, room materials, and a rack full of effects. I know that you are not a fan of these features, but that's why you chose to sell your Roland products and get brand Ds products. Many of these features are why we choose to keep our Roland product and not buy brand D. While V-editing is limited, I would challenge you to count all the various combinations. That's why I chose infinite to describe it.

Comment

Acme,

The VKittrans is for swapping kits. The problem is it is for the unexpanded td-10. Lee is currently workink on the trans for the expanded module. Hopefully it will be here soon.

Putt,
            Its so bright I gotta wear shades

Workink? Maybe I done combined working and think into one word?

[This message has been edited by BtnkBndt (edited March 06, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
            X