Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Demoing a TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demoing a TD-8

I plan to take a serious look at the TD-8 next week in one of the local music stores. What I'd really like to be able to do is audition most/all of the sounds within the module rather than just the pre-set kits. Since there is no online user manual available, I was wondering if someone can post a brief step-by-step process on how to scroll through and access the different sounds within the module. Specifically, what buttons do I need to press to audition different sounds from a single pad connected to the module?

Thanks for your help!
    Doug
    Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Hit the pad you want to change.
    Then push the F1 button.
    This should display the instrument currently assigned to the pad.
    Then push list which i believe is F1 again.
    then scroll through all of the 1286 sounds.

Comment

Hi Doug

I thought you were considering a ddrum?

Did you changed your mind?
      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
        Hi Doug

I thought you were considering a ddrum?

Did you changed your mind?
        Hi puttenvr,

Yes, I'm still considering the ddrum4 as well. I have off next week and plan to check out both modules. My primary use will be for quiet practice at home. I've been told that the TD-8 is a better practice module while the ddrum4 is better for recording and live work. I'll give both a workout to see which module best meets my needs. Doug
        Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Originally posted by DougM:
          Hi puttenvr,

I've been told that the TD-8 is a better practice module while the ddrum4 is better for recording and live work.
          Although I am not a Roland fan (anymore): I agree with this. For home practicing the silent mesh heads, sequencer and whistles and bells are a big pro. Succes with demo-ing.
          Robert

Comment

Working...
          X