Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hart has a new kick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart has a new kick?

For those who care, I noticed that Hart is now displaying a new "Pro" kick on their web site. The new one has spurs similar to the Rolands and the old one had some weird looking horizontal legs.

How long has it been there? Since NAMM? Or has it always been there and I just missed it?
    I don't think so because I checked a few stores(SEP, MusiciansBuy) and they are still showing the old picture. Musicians Buy had the same part number as the new one on the Hart page but the retail price listed was for the non-pro model. $349 vs $369

Anyone now the skinny? Are the new ones really new? What is their street price? Who has them and when can you get them?

I would assume that spurs would be preferable to the old style legs. Looks like those old legs would tend to "scoot".

Sorry for the rambling, I have a sense of panic because this was going to be my next purchase and now I'm afraid a new product is out, but not yet available, so I'll be frozen in limbo until the stores get stock.

Come on SEP help me out here. Your getting my money it's just a matter of when.

------------------
    RonBon
    RonBon

Originally posted by RonBon:
    For those who care, I noticed that Hart is now displaying a new "Pro" kick on their web site. The new one has spurs similar to the Rolands and the old one had some weird looking horizontal legs. How long has it been there? Since NAMM?
    Yes, the legs are added. Nice legs ...
    Robert

Comment

They have had the new Pro Bass Mount for about 2 months now

Comment

Originally posted by Eric:
        They have had the new Pro Bass Mount for about 2 months now
        So, does anyone know who has the new one in stock? They don't show it on their sites. They all have the old one listed.

------------------
        RonBon
        RonBon

Comment

RonBon...I am up to the minute on Harts new bass drum mount...allow me to 'splain.
          My only complaint on my Acupad set has been the bass drum mount, I thought it was ok, until I played Rolands big unit, which is rock solid, I always thought the acupad mount had to much vibration in it, and I asked Peter Hart about it and he said I was the only one that ever said anything. So I was considering changing to the Roland unit when the guy in my local shop told me about Harts's new one....long story short / Peter Hart said that the new pad was designed to remove the weight and size of the original mount,( I do have the new one already ) this new one does not have the big black legs on the bottom, it has spurs on the side, so that it can be collapsed and packed easier, and it does do that. However it does not solve the bouncing pad problem, in fact I think it has more bounce than the original version. So , I solved the problem on my own, I came up with my own solution, I would be happy to share it with any other Acupad players who think the bass pad bounces to much...mine is now rock solid...feel free to e-mail me at my name address, or I will look back on here to see if anyone cares

------------------
          Rob
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]:
            I do have the new one
            Where did you get the new one?

So, if you had it do over would you now go with the Roland? Money not being a factor of course. I'm starting to lean towards the Roland because of the noise factor. I have a PD-120 snare and three Hart Toms and there is a big difference in volume. I'm thinking the Roland mesh is going to be more quite than the Hart just based on Head type.

Anyone have any opinions on the KD80 vs the KD120?

------------------
            RonBon
            RonBon

Comment

http://www.hartdynamics.com/home/index.html
              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Now that I have the pad secure I would stay with Hart because my set is Hart, I'm using the double ply heads on mine, put you have other choices...I think even a Roland head would fit a Hart pad..never tried it though

------------------
                Rob
                Rob

Comment

My Hart BD-X is mounted on the black-split-leg base. I have found it to VIBRATE, as you will, as much as their new one does last week. Brought it into the studio and asked a drummer in the next studio to play it and see what he thinks. He found the new one to respond like the old one, with aphesis on vibration.

The old base is bottom heavy and it does not move at all, you can really play full on if desired. The bottom of the legs (although Velcro) is constructed well and seems to last. I have not changed yet nor has it deteriorated. I personally prefer the old BD base, sturdier. For some reason I never had success with legs on edrum BD bases in the past.

Are all of you lads playing at home? Is that the issue with the noise the heads tend to generate and your need/pursuit for the quietest head type?

------------------
                  szvook
                  Studio

Comment

my problem with the bounce in the pad is that it gives me double triggering...I have tried every setting I could to stop it....when I played acoustic, I played with my bass beater buried in the head on each stroke..on the acupads, i had to change to a pulled back position after each hit, sounds minor but took getting used to. I have tried every beater on the market and ended up with the Tama adjustable circle shaped one...I broke clean thru the bass pad head several times..right down to the metal plate inside the pad...I play very normally, not an extra heavy stomper. Then the wire on my trigger broke off, I think due to the bouncing of the pad. I have stayed with the original bass mount and added a 10" R.I.M.S. type unit to the pad, then ran a tom arm UP to the rack...it is now ROCK SOLID, I am happy with it

------------------
                    Rob
                    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]:
                      my problem with the bounce in the pad is that it gives me double triggering...I have tried every setting I could to stop it....when I played acoustic, I played with my bass beater buried in the head on each stroke..on the acupads, i had to change to a pulled back position after each hit, sounds minor but took getting used to. I have tried every beater on the market and ended up with the Tama adjustable circle shaped one...I broke clean thru the bass pad head several times..right down to the metal plate inside the pad...I play very normally, not an extra heavy stomper. Then the wire on my trigger broke off, I think due to the bouncing of the pad. I have stayed with the original bass mount and added a 10" R.I.M.S. type unit to the pad, then ran a tom arm UP to the rack...it is now ROCK SOLID, I am happy with it

FWIW, I paniced and went with the Roland.
                      I couldn't take the chance of it being too loud. It is rock solid. I have it in my garage on a concrete floor with just a very thin piece of carpeting and it doesn't move an inch. Feels almost exactly like my acoustic. Couldn't be happier.

------------------
                      RonBon
                      RonBon

Comment

Working...
                      X