Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-7 vs TD-7 Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puttenvr
    replied
    Please contact www.rolandus.com

Perhaps the td-7 upgrade is discontinued since Vdrums are hot now

Leave a comment:

• jrnycsb
    replied
    OK, say I did want to waste (errr...spend) the $75-$100 on the upgrade, how do I get it. The guys at Guitar Center didn't even know you could upgrade the TD-7. Big surprise there. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• wolfereeno
    replied
    I loved the upgrade and definately consider it worth the 75 - 100 bucks. No new sounds but the minor changes they made the speed and sensitivity made it a lot more fun for me to play. For the first couple of weeks, I felt like I was flying around the kit like Dave Weckl. Once I got used to it though, I had to go back to snail's pace of practicing...

Upgrading to the TD10 was a much bigger improvement :-) For a while I thought I was Buddy Rich. Only minus the talent and not as much of an SOB...

Leave a comment:

• puttenvr
    replied
    It's an improvement but not that big. Roland also re-programmed some of the patches. But, no new sounds or whatsoever.

I got my turbo update for free, but in the USA you had to pay for it. I don't think it is worth the money. Keep the money and try to buy and used TD-8 or so.

Leave a comment:

• sshev
    started a topic TD-7 vs TD-7 Turbo

TD-7 vs TD-7 Turbo

I've got a TD-7 and have never been happy with its sensitivity on some pads. Is the turbo version a big improvement in this area? What are the differances between the earlier TD-7s and the TD-7 Turbo?

Thanks,

Scott
Working...
X