Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-7 vs TD-7 Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-7 vs TD-7 Turbo

I've got a TD-7 and have never been happy with its sensitivity on some pads. Is the turbo version a big improvement in this area? What are the differances between the earlier TD-7s and the TD-7 Turbo?

Thanks,

Scott

It's an improvement but not that big. Roland also re-programmed some of the patches. But, no new sounds or whatsoever.

I got my turbo update for free, but in the USA you had to pay for it. I don't think it is worth the money. Keep the money and try to buy and used TD-8 or so.
    Robert

Comment

I loved the upgrade and definately consider it worth the 75 - 100 bucks. No new sounds but the minor changes they made the speed and sensitivity made it a lot more fun for me to play. For the first couple of weeks, I felt like I was flying around the kit like Dave Weckl. Once I got used to it though, I had to go back to snail's pace of practicing...

Upgrading to the TD10 was a much bigger improvement :-) For a while I thought I was Buddy Rich. Only minus the talent and not as much of an SOB...

Comment

OK, say I did want to waste (errr...spend) the $75-$100 on the upgrade, how do I get it. The guys at Guitar Center didn't even know you could upgrade the TD-7. Big surprise there. Thanks

Comment

Please contact www.rolandus.com

Perhaps the td-7 upgrade is discontinued since Vdrums are hot now
          Robert

Comment

Working...
          X