Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Finally...I've officially joined your wonderful "TD-10 owners" club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally...I've officially joined your wonderful "TD-10 owners" club

:cool Aloha y'all,

Well, it finally arrived!! It seemed like my TD-10 would NEVER arrive from it's original ebay owner/seller. While on the job, I went home, checked the mail, found the "while you were out slip", tracked down the mail carrier after a 1/2 hour of looking for him, went back home and plugged it in. Now my kit (logiztix designed), performs like never before. Ghost strokes, buzz rolls, pressed rolls, etc....all near-flawless straight out of the box. Tomorrow, I plan on getting the TDW1. I would like to whole-heartedly thank everyone for the insightful, informative, entertaining, and even at times aggravating posts via the forum here @ vdrums.com. Now my only dilemma, is trying to decide what to do with my Alesis Dm Pro...Once again, thank you all! I soon hope to be as helpful to others, as y'all have been to me.

mixter
    DMPro rookie, TD10 newbie

Welcome. Hang on to that other module for a little while. I'm not familiar w/it's features, but you may want it for future expandability.

~~~~~
    -

Comment

Welcome to the club, mixer. You think that's cool, wait til you install the TDW1!! WOW!!!

Chris

Originally posted by mixter:
      :cool Aloha y'all,

Well, it finally arrived!! It seemed like my TD-10 would NEVER arrive from it's original ebay owner/seller. While on the job, I went home, checked the mail, found the "while you were out slip", tracked down the mail carrier after a 1/2 hour of looking for him, went back home and plugged it in. Now my kit (logiztix designed), performs like never before. Ghost strokes, buzz rolls, pressed rolls, etc....all near-flawless straight out of the box. Tomorrow, I plan on getting the TDW1. I would like to whole-heartedly thank everyone for the insightful, informative, entertaining, and even at times aggravating posts via the forum here @ vdrums.com. Now my only dilemma, is trying to decide what to do with my Alesis Dm Pro...Once again, thank you all! I soon hope to be as helpful to others, as y'all have been to me.

mixter

Comment

I agree, you will totaly like what you hear when you upgrade to the expansion card. I'm glad that you are enjoying your V's.

Steve.

Comment

Mixter-

Which of the logiztix designs did you use for your kit? Assuming you went with one of the mesh designs, did you center or side mount your triggers? I currently have a TD-8, but I'm curious about the performance of the logiztix set-up using a TD-10. Have you got positional sensing dialed in? (I probably can't justify going to Hawaii to check it out in person. )

Comment

Aloha drumguru,

To answer your questions...1) My pad set is the following:
            Hart Accupad II (mesh head) for the snare.
            The 4 toms (10 in.) and kick (8 in.) are remo practice pads modified with the logiztix design (standard coated heads)
            Acoustic Paiste cymbals for the time being.

Before acquiring my TD10, I was using a DM Pro for the sound module. Sounded ok, but I never really was able to fully "tweak" the sounds, or trigger parameters to my liking...very involved process. Since replacing the DM Pro with the TD10, the sounds are killer with no "tweaking", and the trigger parameters are amazing....RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!! hope this answers your questions
            DMPro rookie, TD10 newbie

Comment

Working...
            X