Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Record pattern, play with it?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record pattern, play with it?....

Sorry to dredge this up again... I read something about it last week, but I can't find it now. Someone mentioned the ability to record a pattern, play it, laying down some other groove along with it during a performance. How? Is it mentioned somewhere in the manual(s)? I'm palying a expanded vpro kit. Thanks!

Just hit record in the Pattern Area and go. You can also use another MIDI instrument such as a Roland SPD-20, keyboard or sequencer to trigger sounds in the TD-10 while recoring. The manual goes into specifics on how to do this.

Comment

I know about that, but I thought I read that there was a way of doing it during a performance. Maybe I misunderstood the whole conversation, but trying to press and record and play button during a performance seems kinda' cumbersome.

Thanks!

Originally posted by rherhuth:
      Just hit record in the Pattern Area and go. You can also use another MIDI instrument such as a Roland SPD-20, keyboard or sequencer to trigger sounds in the TD-10 while recoring. The manual goes into specifics on how to do this.

Comment

You can assign a pattern to start when you hit a certain pad. When you first turned on your TD-10 after purchase you may have noticed that some pads on certain kits started patterns playing. You can assign this yourself to any pattern. Press INST
        then CONTROL then rotate the selection wheel until the desired pattern is displayed. Mow every time you hit the controlling pad the pattern will begin. Hit it again the pattern will stop.

Comment

I* was part of the thread you are recalling... it ended in defeat because the TD-10 won't allow you to start recording or "sample" your playing with a foot pedal and then switch over to just playing what you just recorded. I think the original poster said the TD-7 could do this(?)

------------------
          \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 30, 2001).]
          \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Oh, well.... sorry to dredge it up again. It was worth a shot. Thanks anyway

Chris

Originally posted by rus:
            I* was part of the thread you are recalling... it ended in defeat because the TD-10 won't allow you to start recording or "sample" your playing with a foot pedal and then switch over to just playing what you just recorded. I think the original poster said the TD-7 could do this(?)

Comment

Yes, the TD7 did this nicely. Press pedal and it would start recording the second you hit a pad. Press pedal again and it starts looping from the first hit to the instant you press pedal 2nd time. Very easy to make uniform loops. Then you can play along. No problems. Press pedal again and add additional stuff to the loop. You could do that as much as you wanted. F*cking pissed that TD10 lacks this.

You could also save the pattern, name it, and assign it to start when you hit a pad on a given kit a la td10

Comment

Very good point! Ií am still surprised that Roland's top of the line product (for now) would not incorporate a very useful feature.

This site should have up earlier to give them some feedback.

Are you listening Roland? ))) ((

------------------
                szvook
                Studio

Comment

Wasn't the other problem requiring a tricky solution that of not being able to play in a different kit than the one the pattern was recorded in?
                  Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

When you hit record change "Rec Mode" to one of the loop modes instead of "replace" and you will be able to record over your existing pattern.
                    As far as recording and playing multiple kits goes it is not poss with TD10 but but any decent software audio sequencer will allow you to play your kits recording the audio outputs and then play along recording another kit and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X