Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD 50x Direct outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 50x Direct outputs

Simple and probably stupid question. Do the direct out connections require TRS or TS cables?

See the pic on the module itself - balanced TRS

NtIDJh.png
    *** MIDI IN: good. Cable snake: bad ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

goodness knows how I missed that."doh!!" thanks for pointing it out

Comment

I’ve always used unbalanced at home without an issue. In this case, balanced is really only about avoiding noise/ground issues. Generally, in a well-wired home or studio, it isn’t an issue. However, I would definitely use balanced live.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Yes, If you plug in TS cables the output will be Unbalanced with the Ring and Sleeve connected together by the TS Plug Sleeve.
          This is OK for very short distances.

If you plug in TRS cables the output will be Balanced with the signals on the Tip and Ring, and the Sleeve acting to protect the signals from external electrical interference.
          This is OK for longer distances when the cables are more prone to external electrical interference.
          Last edited by tkydon; 01-12-22, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X