Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-140DS Mesh Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-140DS Mesh Head

Hello...
    Does the Roland PD-140DS use the normal Roland mesh head (Roland Powerply Mesh Drumhead - 14 inch | Sweetwater) or does it require a special one since it's digital?
    Thanks...
    JJ

In short no, that head is a 2-ply head. the PD-140DS uses a 3 ply head, Drum-Tec has them https://www.drum-tec.com/replacement...land-PD-140-DS
    The Glass Is Twice As Big As It Needs To Be....

Comment

It's a weird 3 ply head where the center layer is not under tension I think. However I know people here have tested drum tec 3 ply heads and apparantly they work well. However I'd get the original head that the drum was made for.

Comment

Originally posted by frankzappa View Post
        It's a weird 3 ply head where the center layer is not under tension I think. However I know people here have tested drum tec 3 ply heads and apparantly they work well. However I'd get the original head that the drum was made for.
        How would one go about getting said head?
        The only one I've seen to purchase are the Powerplys.
        JJ

Comment

Either go through the retailer you bought the drum at, or contact Roland directly. Or use the drum-etc link above.

Comment

Erik at Edrumcenter also carries the 3-ply Mesh head for the digital snare, if you live in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleJ View Post

How would one go about getting said head?
              The only one I've seen to purchase are the Powerplys.
              JJ
              As previous forumites said above

Comment

Working...
              X