Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pearl Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Mimic Pro

I just recently bought a Pearl Mimic Pro and couldn’t be happier. To be honest I’m a little over my head with it. I didn’t realize it would require so much tweaking and adjusting, not be straight plug and play. But I see the potential for sure. I am a little disappointed with the cymbal options as far as variety, and am thinking of getting one of the expansion packs on vexpressions.

I know this is a silly question, I’m still kinda new to electronic drums. If I load the expansion pack onto my Pearl Mimic pro, will it be added to the library, or replace SSD5?

I have a Roland TD17KVX, added 2 cy-8’s, PDX-100, and PD-85, and a Pearl Mimic pro very recently. Love it, but haven’t even begun to understand everything I can do with it.

Vex packs don't add any new sounds. They are just tweaks to the stock sounds. You'll still have full access to all the stock stuff

Comment

Ok got it, thanks!

Comment

It’s more than “just tweaks.”

It’s completely new mixing, etc. from scratch. A world of difference.

Check out the samples. http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/mimic.html
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
          It’s more than “just tweaks.”

It’s completely new mixing, etc. from scratch. A world of difference.

Check out the samples. http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/mimic.html
          Great, thanks Alan! I was just concerned I’d end up erasing the original library. I’ll definitely check them out!

Comment

Working...
          X