Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hitting rim of hihat (VH-10) from top results in higher velocities than from side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting rim of hihat (VH-10) from top results in higher velocities than from side

Hi!

I totally new to edrumming and recently bought a TD-27KV (with superior drummer 3). I'm pretty satisfied, but currently try to resolve some problems, all affecting the hihat and SD3... I found several explanations, helpfull posts and workarounds, except for one:

Before I go on: I have no issues when playing the hihat with the TD-27 module alone, but it seems that the root cause comes from there.
    When I use SD3 and playing the hihat in a wavy manner (hitting the hihat rim on top and edge), the hits on top are mouch louder as on the edge (with the same force).
    I turned on the TD-27 trigger monitor, and yes, hitting the top of the rim (still triggers the rim, not the head) results in velocities around 120 whilst hits from the side on the edge of the rim around 50.

I'm just asking if this is normal? The TD-27 module seems to know how deal with it, and for SD3 I think a logarithmic mapping curve will work too...
Working...
X