Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

multiple CY13R with one module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple CY13R with one module?

Hello everyone

I was wondering if it is possible to have more than one CY13R per roland module (td25 or td17)

I would like to have a 3 zone hihat and a 3 zone ride.

has anyone tried this?

Greetings!
    TD-25KV Kit + TD-8 Module + SPD6

Sorry, this is not possible on these modules.

You can use the CR13R, but only as a regular cymbal with Edge and Bow, or Bell and Bow, but not all three zones.

As neither the TD-17 nor the TD-25 have a MIDI In connection, unfortunately you can't use an eDrummin Module either.

Comment

Maybe a bit off topic...sorry for this...but the 2box DrumIt Three and Five MKII are able to use 3 zones on all cymbal inputs. I am using 2x CY-13R and 1x CY-15R on my setup and it works great,

best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.con
      Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.11. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

hey anders, what are the max # of inputs possible with the drumit mk 2? split and without splitters?
        Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I think 2box officially says 15 trigger inputs...but on MKII/Three...the snare and the cymbals inputs can handle 3 zones. They can of course be split into dual piezos inputs..but these inputs (if not split) can also handle one piezo and two switches. (Yamaha 3 zone Pads or Roland or Yamaha 3 zone rides)

best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
          Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.11. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Also, 2Box has MIDI In, so with an edrumin you can add a few more 3 zone cymbals.
            Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Comment

it has midi in but does it have "percussion sets"?

the STRIKE has a MIDI IN but i can only use it to trigger existing MIDI notes, i can't really add pads with it
              Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Ahhh. You are right. No additional Pads via Midi in
                Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Comment

Thank you tkydon, it confirms my findings. I guess I might end up trading for Cy12c

Originally posted by tkydon View Post
                  Sorry, this is not possible on these modules.

You can use the CR13R, but only as a regular cymbal with Edge and Bow, or Bell and Bow, but not all three zones.

As neither the TD-17 nor the TD-25 have a MIDI In connection, unfortunately you can't use an eDrummin Module either.
                  TD-25KV Kit + TD-8 Module + SPD6

Comment

Working...
                  X