Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ROLAND TD11 crash 2 input not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLAND TD11 crash 2 input not working properly

Hi,
    I have a td11 with the standard hi hat and crash and a ride. I wanted to add a 4th cymbal using the crash 2 trigger input on the module. I have an official roland drum cable.

The edge and the choke do not work, no matter where you strike the cymbal you only get the main body sound and no edge/crashy sound. Choke also doesn't work.

What I've done so far

1. Swapped cymbals, the issue stays with whichever cymbal is plugged into crash input 2

2. I dont have another official roland drum cable but I have an old speaker cable from my guitar cab. With new cable I get the same issue.

3. Looked at pad setup on drum module. The settings are exactly the same on both crashes.

Not sure what else to check, should I get another official roland cable or should any 1/4 speaker cable work in theory?

Is it possible the input itself has an issue that would only allow part of the features to work?

Have you correctly configured the Pad Type in the Trigger Bank? Manual Page 41
    For a Cymbal you have to configure a Piezo/Switch Pad Type.

Is the Cable TS (Tip/Sleeve - Mono) or TRS (Pip/Ring/Sleeve - Stereo)?

You don't state the model of Cymbal Pad...

Comment

Working...
    X