Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Wireless pads in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless pads in the future?

I was just reading an article about Roland's new wireless Midi interface the latest issue of digitalDrummer magazine and it made me dream of a day when I could have my Mimic and 2box interface with all my drum and cymbal pads and cymbal mics wirelessly. The tangle of wires and connections for every gig setup and tear down gets old.
    Who knows what the latest might be on that possibility?

Actually already invented. It's called VersaTriggers, and the reviews were quite nice. I'm a little sad the tech didn't pick up and didn't get much support from the e-drumming community.
    DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Thanks for making me aware of this perceval. What a shame these didn't seem to go anywhere. I just Googled VersaTriggers and it looks like they no longer manufacture them? The website goes to a contact page with no drum related products. After watching Youtube video it seems you need something like SD3 to interface with them.
      I wonder how long it will take major players like Roland and Pearl to implement something like this with their units.

Comment

I'm a happy user of Versatriggers. You're right, you need software like SD3 to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalglx View Post
          I'm a happy user of Versatriggers. You're right, you need software like SD3 to use them.
          Actually you don't. If you have a module with MIDI IN you can connect the hub straight to the module. You need a computer though to connect the hub.

I've been using them for 3-4 years. All my triggers are Versatriggers. Playing SD3. Works great. I have had some email conversations with the inventor over the years and he mentioned that he was negotiating with some big edrum company. Nothing seem to materialize yet though.

Comment

Maybe it's that Yamaha new kit everyone has been talking about in the other thread! I hope he wasn't talking with Alesis....
            DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
            Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
              Maybe it's that Yamaha new kit everyone has been talking about in the other thread! I hope he wasn't talking with Alesis....
              That would be a game changer. I can imagine Yamaha getting back into the market with a multi-sampled module, wireless kit with mesh pads, marketed by Mike Snyder.
              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by Espen View Post
                If you have a module with MIDI IN you can connect the hub straight to the module. You need a computer though to connect the hub.
                Interesting but please explain, how do I connect my computer to the hub when it is, at the same time, connected to the module??

Comment

There is a 3.5 mm jack input on the hub. My hub came with a 3.5 mm jack - MIDI Din cable that you can connect to a module. Hub is normally connected to computer via usb. I tested it at the time I had 2Box Drumit5 module and it worked great.

Comment

Aha, you're using the most recent version of the hub, now I understand, thanx.

Comment

Roland recently came out with this press release about low latency wireless MIDI products. So it could be something they are planning to use also for upcoming drum modules.

https://www.roland.com/us/company/pr...MIDI_Products/

Comment

Working...
                      X