Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Layer fade on the Mimic Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layer fade on the Mimic Pro?

Can you set the fade in point or velocity where the layered sound comes in on the Mimic or are you stuck with just a mix
    of the two sounds you put on the kick and snare?

Use the Range fader on MOD will do the same. But at base start, you need to match the wav volume with others instrument from mimic, then use the Range fader.

Ps: Make sure you are using the latest firmware v1.1.
    Last edited by Chris K; 09-08-20, 05:32 AM.

Comment

The range mod will definitely help a lot to the point where it's similar enough, but there's no way to truly dictate exactly where the sample comes in.
      The eDrum Workshop | YouTube

Comment

Correct me if I’m wrong... doesn’t the range mod only take away the higher velocity hits? That would not achieve any fade curves with 2 layers... wouldn’t that only “tame” the harder hits? Can you take away the softer velocities with the range mod?

Comment

Originally posted by bigego View Post
          Correct me if I’m wrong... doesn’t the range mod only take away the higher velocity hits? That would not achieve any fade curves with 2 layers... wouldn’t that only “tame” the harder hits? Can you take away the softer velocities with the range mod?
          Yeah, pretty much. With one-shot samples it basically stops it from hitting really high velocities/volumes as quickly and makes the low-to-high more gradual. As you say, it doesn't actually remove the sample from the lower velocities, just makes it comparatively quieter so it's not as abrasive on the lighter notes and when the range is set really low, it's not that noticeable in the low velocity range, depending on the sample. But it is still there - there's no way to start the fade in from, say, 40 and upwards while not playing at all below.
          The eDrum Workshop | YouTube

Comment

Working...
          X