Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Anyone using a Roland KDA-22 with a Mimic Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a Roland KDA-22 with a Mimic Pro?

Just curious if anyone is using a Mimic Pro with a Roland KDA-22 kick drum and how
    well that combination works.

It's a just a €$0.50 piezo in a VERY expensive mount.

It'll work.

Flip of a lot cheaper and more flexible to get something like a Triggera Bix - then you can use that on any kick drum with no installation (even the house kit in your local dive)
    Last edited by electrodrummer; 08-24-20, 10:20 AM.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

I already own that way overpriced piezo.... Lol. That's why I was trying to find a person with the same setup. I was looking
      for some input on the settings.
      Last edited by bigego; 08-24-20, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigego View Post
        I already own that way overpriced piezo.... Lol. That's why I was trying to find a person with the same setup. I was looking
        for some input on the settings.
        Hah! It's a really lovely thing

Shouldn't be that difficult to dial-in? You having problems?
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

No problems.... yet. My Mimic is getting delivered Friday. I was looking for a jump start on trigger settings as I will only have a few hours to dial things in before a performance the following day... or I might just go with my reliable TM-2 for that show.

Comment

All kick works on MIMIC, roland\yamaha\atv works, even DIY if made based from Roland.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post

It'll work.

Flip of a lot cheaper and more flexible to get something like a Triggera Bix - then you can use that on any kick drum with no installation (even the house kit in your local dive)
              The triggera bix will rebound on that mesh head like there is no tomorrow, you will dream with double triggers for weeks...
              I use the kd-a22 with the mimic and set it up as a kd-9, works perfectly and no double triggers

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post

It'll work.

)
                LOL, ain't that the truth.
                A little bit cheezy but nicely displayed.
                "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

LOL, ain't that the truth.
                  A little bit cheezy but nicely displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by walkinded View Post

The triggera bix will rebound on that mesh head like there is no tomorrow, you will dream with double triggers for weeks...
                    I use the kd-a22 with the mimic and set it up as a kd-9, works perfectly and no double triggers
                    Never had an issue. Wouldn't recommend if I did.

Comment

I have 2 broken Triggera Bix V2 triggers. They lasted about 3 months each. They just died without warning. I would not recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by wavedrummer View Post
                        I have 2 broken Triggera Bix V2 triggers. They lasted about 3 months each. They just died without warning. I would not recommend.
                        What are you doing with them? Send 'em back under warranty.

Comment

They are just sitting here for over a year now. Probably out of warranty and not worth the cost of shipping back if that were an option.

Comment

Wavedrummer, I would contact Triggera ([email protected]) and discuss your issue with them. I have two very early Trigerra Kriggs which I have been using for ever and never had an issue. You can help the folks at Triggera to improve their product. There's really not very much to go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X