Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

SPDSX wont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPDSX wont turn on

My spdsx recently stopped turning on everytime. I have two power sources, both the roland kind, and using either of them produces the same results. I think I might need repair. Does anyone know the best place to go for this? I am in Hawaii but willing to ship it

Contact Roland to find the nearest repair centre.
    Roland TM-6 Pro and TD-11 modules with Roland RT30 triggers and Yamaha PCY cymbals. Plus all the acoustic stuff.

Comment

Usual problem with all these units. All the sockets fail - coming away fro the board. Needs to be ripped open and all the socks re-soldered - power / audio / ...

Up to you - but anyone competent with a soldering iron could do this.
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Yep. It’s been happening since the dawn of time. My SPD-8 had this problem back in 1991! It was easy to solder the power socket pins back onto that.
        Roland TM-6 Pro and TD-11 modules with Roland RT30 triggers and Yamaha PCY cymbals. Plus all the acoustic stuff.

Comment

Wow thanks guys. Maybe I should try that first. We don't have a service center on my island so I'd have to ship it anywhere and not really into that With shipping and service in hawaii ill probably be about half the price of a new one.

Comment

Working...
          X