Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Slave module question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slave module question

Hi, I currently have a td-15 module and I want to add more pads so I need a slave module. I want to use the slave module as a trigger interface so no the audio (so the sounds don't matter) Would a cheap alesis module work? Like an alesis dm6 for example?

The new Standard Answer to that question is the Audiofron edrumin, which does exactly that (Trigger to MIDI) in a quality that is not provided by any Alesis product. (not even remotely close)

What I do not know is if it possible to simply add inputs to a TD15 by using the MIDI IN (like 3 more Toms or 2 more Cymbals or a second snare). I know most modules only support a set amount of Inputs, not matter if it is triggered or via external MIDI Input.
    Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Comment

The TD-15 only has a MIDI Out, so this will not work, as there is no MIDI In.

Comment

Working...
      X