Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland TD-9 Trigger Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-9 Trigger Settings

hi!
    I digitalized my acoustic Ludwig Accent with Roland TD-9 and some triggers. All of upper triggers are dual zone, only the kick trigger is single.
    So... Since I have the option to asign some sounds on tom rims my question is as follwos.
    I found the way to asign certain sounds to the tom rims in kit settings but it's kinda annoying to re-program every single kit in the module. I wonder can I asign cowbel to the tom 1 rim, clap on the tom 2 rim and gong on the floortomrim in Trigger Settings so no matter which preset kit I play, cowbell, clap and gong are there for me.
    I couldn't find this option so please, please help me
    Thanks!

You can use VDrumLib to edit Kits

http://vdrumlib.com/

Comment

Unfortunately MIDI note assignments are not global. But you can easily copy your modified kits (FUNC > COPY) and create additional user kits with your preferred settings.

This is actually a feature, not a bug: this way all you need to do is switch user kits and you can have a trigger pad play cowbell in one, and tambourine in another.
      Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8, pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Hats: VH-10 with Tama Swivel hi-hat stand. Snare: PD-120. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I'll check the VDrumLib out. I was aware of copy/paste existing kit and make slight modifications to it but I'd be happier if I could asign the the kit elements globaly. Well, let's play

Comment

You will still have to copy on a kit by kit basis, but VDrumLib makes it a bit easier to do that in their GUI than on the Module itself...

Comment

Working...
          X