Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland VH12 Insulation plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland VH12 Insulation plate

Hi
    I have googled this, and got a link to here but the post was very old (2010 VH11), and can no longer find it. I wonder if the forumites can help ?

My TD27KV arrived yesterday, and on assembling (no Avengers were harmed !) I found the Insulation plate for the VH12 was missing. All that was there was the motion sensor, no tie cables etc in a cardboard arrangement similar to the CY12 and CY13.

I phoned the retailers to explain. They said they'd need to get one from Roland. I know it's sponge on one side, but what's the other side made of....rubber ?

Just now I have it on top of the Roland RDH-120 Hi-Hat Stand on the felt washer with the metal disk underneath, and would like to make sure it's working.
    Is there anything I could use instead, or could I use it without the plate ?
    TIA
    Not a bloomin' new member Grrr! TD12, EZ2, NI stuff, BFD Eco2

you mean VH-10 insulation plate ? but if you get wallmart foam sheet 2mm thick and cut out a disc.. that would work fine for the time being,
    the other ring is a flat metal disc.. if you need that depends on your hh stand..
    Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

I believe those things are meant as vibration dampeners. I've never bothered to use mine; it's just a metal disk with a thin layer of foam. My hihat stand came with a heavy duty bottom felt pad that does the job just as well if not better.
      Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8, pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Hats: VH-10 with Tama Swivel hi-hat stand. Snare: PD-120. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1.

Comment

Thankyou both for your help.

I suspected as much, and yes I'm using the felt and metal pads with the stand and it's fine.
        It's just that the manual placed so much stress on on using Roland's

Comment

I suppose it depends on the type of hihat stand you have. If the base for the bottom hat is very small, using the Roland disk would give the hihat controller more stability. I'd still add a felt washer though because the foam layer doesn't seem to do all that much.
          Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8, pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Hats: VH-10 with Tama Swivel hi-hat stand. Snare: PD-120. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1.

Comment

Seems OK for now.
            I'll compare when the Roland part arrives.

Comment

Working...
            X