Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Td11 second crash is softer than that crash one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td11 second crash is softer than that crash one

The volume on my new Cy 8 second crash plugged into the second output of my td11 doesn't get as loud as crash one no matter what I do or adjust any ideas

Dumb question, but have you chosen the correct pad type?
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

It's a Cy8

Comment

Again, have you chosen that pad type in the module?
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

See Manual Pages 41-43

Comment

You can raise the sensitivity on that pad and see if it makes a difference. Or you can change the volume of the cymbal sound itself.
            This unfortunately happens. I have three identical PD-80R pads and the one plugged into Tom 1 always sounds less loud than the others. I just adjust the sensitivity and the volume to my liking and move on.
            Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8, pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Hats: VH-10 with Tama Swivel hi-hat stand. Snare: PD-120. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1.

Comment

Cy8 can be a bit unreliable. Between myself and my son we have three of them and they are all a bit different. One of them I had to bump up the sensitivity a huge amount. It lasted about two years but now the edge is no longer working. I’m due to take it apart and see what the problem but no rush as my son doesn’t seem that bothered. I’ve been replacing mine with cy12 cymbals which are much more reliable.
              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
              X