Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8 module with TD-20 drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 module with TD-20 drums

My TD-20 module has a bad LCD display. I have a TD-8 module I could use in it's place. Would the TD-20 kit be fully compatible with a TD-8 module as far as dual zone capabilities, hi-hats, etc?

Yes, the Pads are compatible.

See the TD-8 Owner's Manual P.36

You should choose the Pad types closest to the TD-20 Pads

10A - PD-100 for PD-105
    12A - PD-120 for PD-125
    K12 - KD-120 for KD-120

For Cymbals, you should configure
    PD9 - PD-9
    This should work for CY-14C, CY-15R and VH-11 Hi-Hat, but it will not support three-zone triggering (Bell) for the Ride.

Another alternative would be to connect the MIDI Out of the TD-20 to the MIDI IN of the TD-8.
    Leave everything connected to the TD-20. Just ensure the MIDI OUT is enabled on the TD-20.
    The TD-8 will play the sounds associated with the pads that have the same MIDI Notes assigned as on the TD-20
    TD-8 Manual P.156 / TD-20 Manual P. 96
    You can confirm that the MIDI Notes assigned to the Pads on TD-8 are the same as those on the TD-20

Is your TD-20 display completely dead? If not, you may be able to resurrect it by taking the unit apart and cleaning the connectors.

Last edited by tkydon; 08-06-20, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Thank you for that info. The display works but the characters are hard to make out. I tried cleaning the contacts.

Comment

Working...
      X