Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

new TD-17 module owner here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new TD-17 module owner here

I just trade my old TD-25 module for a new TD-17 + difference at drum-tec... I have it for couple of days now and I am quite disapointed

Received the Drum-tec Live Sound Edition toghether with the TD-17 and I bought myself the Designed VEX expansion kit as well. Still not very impressed with the sounds... I suppose both Drum-tec and VEX did the best they could with what TD-17 had to offer

The thing I am missing most is the positional sensing. I thought I could live without, but seems its really difficult once you get used to it.

On TD-17, the tom sounds are as bad if not worse than the ones on TD-25.... And all expansion kits are focusing on snare and kick mainly.

So now I do not know what to you. Anybody has the same experience like myself?

I am thinking to send back the TD-17 and upgrade to TD-27. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Regards,
    Adrian
    Roland TD-25KV, Drum-tec 14" pro Snare Sapeli, 2xPDX-100, 1xPD-125BK, 1xCY-14C, 1xCY-13R, 1xCY15R, Tama Iron Cobra HP600D Pedal, Tama HH905N Hi-Hat Iron Cobra Lever

For sale AD2 with 4 ADpacks: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/mark...-drums-2-with-4-adpacks

personally i didn't mind the sounds of the td-17 (though prefer the TD-25/30 generation) but i think the td-27 sounds bad
    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by adi View Post

Received the Drum-tec Live Sound Edition toghether with the TD-17 and I bought myself the Designed VEX expansion kit as well. Still not very impressed with the sounds... I suppose both Drum-tec and VEX did the best they could with what TD-17 had to offer

The thing I am missing most is the positional sensing. I thought I could live without, but seems its really difficult once you get used to it.

On TD-17, the tom sounds are as bad if not worse than the ones on TD-25.... And all expansion kits are focusing on snare and kick mainly.
      Just connect with GGD and not only toms will be the greatest thing on earth and you propably also won't miss any PS.
      Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
      Favourite ever toms? Yamaha Recording customs from GetGood Drums - Invasion

Comment

Originally posted by adi View Post
        I am thinking to send back the TD-17 and upgrade to TD-27. Any thoughts? Thanks.
        you could also use td-17 for hihat, kick, cymbals and trigger toms and snares through vst's (but that's my opinion)
        a td-27, to me it doesn't sound bad.. (if you have played vst's for some time, then sure it's different) ..but
        how it plays.. there is no latency, it's just as direct as acoustic drums (i didn't have that 'feel' with vst's on my pc)
        it would take 'some' money (powerful pc, sound/ interface) to get (full) vst's playing like that .. real time..
        also dynamics and triggering of digital pads are 'top notch' .. but the price tag.. is pretty high..
        you should go somewhere and play those pads, to judge if the investment would be worth it to you..
        upgrading to a td27 and then using 'analog' pads, would be a little useless (to me)

Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Working...
        X