Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Jobeky LV ecymbals with TD17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobeky LV ecymbals with TD17

Has anyone successfully hooked-up the Jobeky LV 2-piece HH and 18" 3-zone Ride with a TD-17 please?
    It's not completely clear from their product descriptions what's compatible and what isn't.

It works well. You may have to make some slightly changes on the trigger("pad") settings to get best results but they work well. I produce my own Low Volume Cymbals in a similar way and sell complete hybrid acoustic sets basically with TD-17s

Comment

Originally posted by AEHybridDrums View Post
      It works well. You may have to make some slightly changes on the trigger("pad") settings to get best results but they work well. I produce my own Low Volume Cymbals in a similar way and sell complete hybrid acoustic sets basically with TD-17s
      question for you, though really it's a bit of a general one since i've noticed the same from other companies like drone triggers or geardrum as well (several others too but those were the first that came to mind), is there a reason you don't list prices on your website? you've got some cool looking products but not even a "prices from" or "starting from" or a shop link or whatever.
      Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Hi winterson, of course we have a price list as .pdf file in the Downloads section.
        But you're right, i already noticed, it's not mentioned directly. I will fix that. Thanks for your feedback.
        Our main concept is the customer chose the drum set of his choice, thats why we can't list a final price
        for the complete kits and shell sets, but an approximate guideline as you mentioned.

Comment

Great.
          I will eventually buy another LV cymbal in the near future and I will consider the AE Hybrid Drums as an option too.

I have a Jobeky 16" as a crash cymbal and I like it. I mean, it's been working fine so far, but there is a small thing that I am not sure if this is to all LV cymbals. When I hit the edge lightly, it will trigger the bow and not the edge. If I hit it with a bit more velocity then it triggers properly. Do you see this behavior on your cymbals too? I am curious if this is a common thing that I have to live with

Thanks
          Last edited by ronaldobf; 07-16-20, 09:19 PM.
          Ronaldo B.

Comment

do you sell the triggered cymbals or just trigger assemblies for them separately?
            Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I'm not sure if a topic like this is welcome here, i hope i don't hijack the thread. ^^
              I sell comlpete ensembled cymbal sets. Single cymbals maybe later. There is an option to add several cymbals to a set, too. If you need an extra crash in the set or so.

The thing with the edge trigger is construction related. You can influence the velocity curve directly by the characteristics and size of the material you put on the edge membrane switch underneath the edge.
              So I tried to figure out the best and most realistic playability and response to soft/jazz playing styles as well. I play a lot of jazz like and dnb music, so it was important to me myself. However, I never played a jobeky low volume cymbal. And sure there is a always a minimum threshold for the edge membrane switch to activate, it's the physics of a simple on/off switch other than analog natural vibrations of a real metal cymbal.
              Depending on your drum module, usually you can adjust the sensibility or gain of the edge in the rim settings of the cymbal, too.

There will be commercials and demo videos on the website soon. (or maybe a little later this year. have a lot on the to do list currently)

ps: if someone have specific questions to any product maybe its better to contact me directly
              I will post a little company introduction in the forum later, too.
              Last edited by AEHybridDrums; 07-17-20, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks
                Ronaldo B.

Comment

Originally posted by AEHybridDrums View Post
                  I'm not sure if a topic like this is welcome here, i hope i don't hijack the thread. ^^
                  Yeah I did have a chuckle to myself as I saw my thread going completely off-rack! (Did you see what I did there?! )

I did manage to get a response from Jobeky as well and they confirm full compatibility with the td17 - so that's good.

Aside from all of that, I am interested to know what a "drone trigger" is? I have visions of piezos suspended several feet above my drum kit whirring away whilst faithfully reproducing samples of the best drum kits ever made ahahahahahaha!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drumrap View Post

Aside from all of that, I am interested to know what a "drone trigger" is? I have visions of piezos suspended several feet above my drum kit whirring away whilst faithfully reproducing samples of the best drum kits ever made ahahahahahaha!!!!
                    Haha, yeah he's a very kind guy with some cool concepts. I think he's planing to provide some new products soon. He worked a lot on that he told me.
                    But he only sells the trigger systems, no complete cymbals. I'll definitely test them and perhaps use them for my cymbals if they are worth it and are an improvement. So if we negotiate a good deal of course
                    Technical wise he actually isn't reinventing the wheel on this area, but he has some very straight forward work aesthetics.
                    But i think there is a lot of headroom for further envelopment and improvements of the existing technology. Let me/us know if you get one of the new drone trigger versions.

Originally posted by drumrap View Post
                    Yeah I did have a chuckle to myself as I saw my thread going completely off-rack!
                    ​​​​​​​sorry for that ^^
                    Last edited by AEHybridDrums; 07-17-20, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I did manage to get a response from Jobeky as well and they confirm full compatibility with the td17 - so that's good.
                      Great. It is good to have the "official" information.

Commenting about my previous message, I sometimes lose/divert the topic. Sorry for that. Re-reading my post I clearly didn't say what I really wanted to say.
                      My main intention was to mention that I have a TD-17 and a 16" jobeky as a crash cymbal (bought one for testing) and that the HH and ride should be compatible based on the information I got from my previous researches. I just didn't buy the HH and ride because it is still too loud for me when hitting the bow and bell (I live in an apartment).
                      Then I wanted to mention the small issue I current experience with the 16" LV cymbal as a crash. I took the chance to ask if it was a common thing or not since AE HybridDrums would have experience with that too and it could eventually be useful for you too.

Cheers
                      Ronaldo B.

Comment

Good stuff guys, thanks. I've also subscribed to Jobeky's FB page, which has provided some interesting updates on what they're producing, including just a few days ago, a matt black kit with low volume cymbals and a TD17 module , supplied with what looks like the ride as well as 2-piece HH I'm looking to purchase! So I'm guessing if they're selling that as a package then what I am looking at must be fine.

As for your 16" crash ronaldobf, it might be an idea to contact Jobeky and discuss it. I know some people have had problems with getting a quick response, but they claim to care about their products and want to help. Might be worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                        X