Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland TD7 Trigger Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD7 Trigger Options

Hi, I'm new to this forum as well as electronic drum kits and would appreciate your advice based on your experiences.

I have just acquired a nice looking TD7 to replace the e450 module on my eTraps kit. I wondered whether it would work at all with the Traps triggers and to begin with - nothing.
    But I did a simple System Initialisation of the TD7 and lo and behold it came to life - sort of. The (rubber) cymbals aren't too shabby, but the mesh pads are temperamental.

Essentially the trigger inputs for the mesh pads seem to be the problem. Some pads work better than others. I ran an Auto Set-up on the pads and achieved a slight improvement, but unless you're playing some very slow Blues, the triggers aren't providing sufficient signal for the module to process a repetitive audible sound (BTW the triggers aren't great when hooked-up to the Traps e450 module either!). I'm sure the TD7 aficionados will be rolling on the floor laughing at this and TBH none of these problems really surprise me, having read through some of the older TD7 threads on this forum. However, what I couldn't find on this forum are any references to rim-mounted triggers that will work well with the TD7.

For instance, will the DDRUM Red Shots work with the TD7 (I only need a single trigger sensor on each pad; I'm not that bothered about rim-shots etc). I don't really want to go to a lot of expense as I'm about to order a new Roland (TD-17) and will be selling the existing set-up; I just want it to work a bit better for the next owner, as the Traps mesh head set-up is great to play on.

The red shots should work as they are only piezo transducers.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Anybody else that has done this please - or to a similar Roland module from that era? I'm sure they'll work, but to what extent (volume/sensitivity etc)?
      Thanks.

Comment

A newer module would be better in all aspects: trigger quality, trigger settings, pad support, latency...

Comment

Working...
        X