Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Alesis DM5 for triggering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis DM5 for triggering?

Hello one and all, long time lurker part-time poster.

I have recently bought a full shell pack with 6 toms kick and snare and I’m looking to purchase perhaps the Jobeky real feel cymbal set to go with it. I currently have a Roland TD9 but will be selling that to fund this project, this will unfortunately render me without a module. I am in no way interested in module sounds as I’ll be basically using my kit as a midi controller to trigger into a VST.

my question is would it really matter on the module? I think my triggers in the shells are a mix but generally centre mounted but unsure of the brands, I just know that the 6 toms are single zone. I’m hoping to use splitters on these 6 toms to reduce the amount of inputs used to 3. Anybody know if a DM5 would do the job for this particular project? They have plenty of inputs and midi I/O but I’ve never used any alesis before.

Ive also looked into a TD8 or TD10/12 module but this DM5 I’ve found is absolute pennies compared.

Any help would be great (mainly whether this would work as a trigger interface and also whether I’d be able to split the 6 toms down to 3)

Any other advice if anybody has done similar would be great too!

Cheers
Working...
X