Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Trying to update a SPD-30, but I HAVE to have a usb-stick with at least 32 gigs!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to update a SPD-30, but I HAVE to have a usb-stick with at least 32 gigs!?

Hey there nerds! So you can literally connect the SPD-30 to a computer and it works out of the box as a midi controller, but I can't update it without a usb-stick? That just appears so absurd and insanely inconvenient that I have to have missed something. I'm updating it for a friend of mine and I assumed it was plugging it in, download the update and we would have a viking party with mead and e-drums going. But fuuuuckk nooo! I have to be missing somesthing right? I mean they're literally sold on the marked TODAY!!

Originally posted by ZheViking View Post
    Hey there nerds! So you can literally connect the SPD-30 to a computer and it works out of the box as a midi controller, but I can't update it without a usb-stick? That just appears so absurd and insanely inconvenient that I have to have missed something. I'm updating it for a friend of mine and I assumed it was plugging it in, download the update and we would have a viking party with mead and e-drums going. But fuuuuckk nooo! I have to be missing somesthing right? I mean they're literally sold on the marked TODAY!!
    USB is an asymmetric connection. The connection from the square USB-B connection is a "device" connection. The rectangular USB-A connection is the "host". When you connect your SPD-SX to your computer, the SPD is the device, with the computer serving as the host. You need the SPD-SX to be the host, which is only achievable using the other port.
    drumgeargeek.com

ad5 // SPD-SX // DTXMulti12 // drumbrute // DFAM

Comment

i use 512MB usb drive to update my spd-30 and it works fine :P

Comment

Working...
      X