Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

SPD SX - Midi to TD27 - SD3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD SX - Midi to TD27 - SD3

Morning all

Can I run Midi out of SPD SX to Midi In of TD27 and then use pads on SPD SX to trigger Superior Drummer 3 (which will run from my MTD27 to laptop of course )
    Example - I have my SPD SX on my right - so if I want to hit one of the SPD SX pads and have it play a closed Hi Hat from Superior Drummer 3.

Just thinking out loud and getting ideas as I set this gear up
    Last edited by Wotto; 06-23-20, 07:30 PM.

Yup - just make sure the TD-27 is set to allow MIDI THRU (on the SPD-SX, this is via the "SOFT THRU" parameter in the "Setup" section --- imagine it's similar on other Roland gear) and you've correctly assigned the MIDI notes and channels per pad on the SPD-SX (this is done via the "Kit" section, non-intuitively).
    https://www.instagram.com/bpaluzzi/

ad5 // SPD-SX // DTXMulti12 // drumbrute // DFAM

Comment

Thankyou so much

Comment

Thanks again Ribot, spent today on this and its starting to "get there". Obviously there's quite a bit of personal tweaking depending on equipment, ears and taste, but your pointers got me started well and I have a kit saved thats sounding great through speaker's already.

Couldn't map that CY18 but, don't get it at all, it.placed my bell on by bow area etc. It seems simple as I know how to adjust the hi hats in that area and I have them DIALLED, and this ride seems easier, but doesn't work for me ( yet )

Comment

Working...
        X