Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-17 "mix in" and microphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-17 "mix in" and microphone

I've recently bought a TD-17KV set and I'm trying to use it for "online jamming" with some friends.
    I'd like to know if the "mix in" jack can be used to connect a little microphone (such as those used in online meetings) just to have my friends hear my voice when I want to tell them something while jamming.

If you microphone has a built in preamp, and can output a line level...

Comment

So the "classic" small (condenser?) microphones with 3.5mm jack are out of the question?
      Supposing you connect such a microphone to the "mix in" jack on the TD-17, can it harm the unit or does it just... don't work, with no actual damage?

Comment

Aux in is for line-level.
        A mic will need an amp to bring it to line-level.
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

What about using a cellphone (with its built-in microphone) connected to the TD-17 via Bluetooth or to the "mix in" jack?
          Do you think that could be possible (and safe) ?

Comment

Working...
          X