Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Default Voice for TD-10 Metronome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Voice for TD-10 Metronome

Is there any way to change the default voice for the metronome on the TD-10 to something other than that completely annoying vocalization "one, two, three, four", which sounds like someone inhaled way too much helium? I would like to change it to the claves without having to manually reselect it every time I turn the unit on.

What, you mean you don't like that voice?

Comment

Originally posted by BINARY:
      What, you mean you don't like that voice?

I have a BOSS Dr. Beat DB-66 and pipe it in through the AUX in.

This is the MUST have Metronome for drummers.

Anyone else using it? If not, you've got to have one of these!
      You can "dial up" 1/4, 1/8, 1/16th notes as well as triplets. It has a tap feature so you can set your own tempo to match a song. It will play from 0 to 6 beat patterns.

Great product.

------------------
      RonBon
      RonBon

Comment

you mean you don't like that voice?
        ---------

Careful what you say bout that voice Stevie! That's my momma's voice. Don't you be messin wit my momma.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Mr. Boingo, I greatly apologize for offending you and Joe Mama. Forget my original post, and accept this rephrase:

I would prefer that my default metronome setting be the claves. You see, I have a technical issue with the vocalized "one, two, three, four". For example, I'm not sure if the actual beat is right when it says the beginning part of the word "one" (the "w" part, phonetically), or the accented part of the word (the "unnn"). Multi-syllable numbers are even more of an issue. My band has a song which is in 29/4 time, and it really messes me up when it says "twenty seven". It takes half a second to even say it.

So please help this poor guy to set the default voice to something that does a better job of approximating a discrete point in time. My time is too important for me to have to change it every time I use it.

Comment

Wow! This is serious. I can feel your pain. I will get to work immediately to find a solution to this problem and continue working it until it is resolved.

Never give up,
            Never surrender!
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

there is a simple solution to your metronome problem. Simple push the click button on your sequencer and then select intrument from the display. You can not only change the instrument but also the pan, ambience,output an fx level. Hope this helps

Comment

"I would like to change it to the claves without having to manually reselect it every time I turn the unit on."
                ----------------
                Ok, I've forgiven you for your comments about my mom. Now on to the click problem. I just turned my unit on, pressed click and mom faithfully did her count routine. I changed it to claves and then turned it off, paused and turned it on again. It defaulted to claves. I changed kits and patterns and click time signature and each time I turned it off and back on again, mom was nowhere to be heard. I have a TD-10exp. Don't believe that shouod make a difference. Can someone please try this and report findings? I don't know why Steve's unit keeps defaulting to my munchkin mom.

"My band has a song which is in 29/4 time"

My time signature maxed out at 13/4. Perhaps your unit entered the twilight zone.

Comment

Boingo: I just tried your same experiment, but mine keeps "goin' back to momma". What does the "exp" designate in TD-10exp? I bought my unit in July of '98, fairly soon after it hit the market--maybe they've made some updates to the firmware?

Oh, well, no biggie. Thanks for checking.

Comment

Originally posted by stevekaux:
                    What does the "exp" designate in TD-10exp?
                    I have the TDW-1 expansion card installed. It didn't start selling until the third quarter of 2000. The TDW-1 added 4 new click sounds but the manual doesn't mention anything about default settings. I seem to remember some prior posts about default setting problems but am not sure if it was on the clicks. Maybe a non-exp card owner can verify if their click defaults to munchkin voice or the last used click sound.

Comment

I don't have the expansion card, and mine defaults "to momma." Maybe they changed the programming for the click on the card.

Comment

The TD1 expansion module will fix your dilemma. It remembers what sound you chose last time and keeps it as the default. I had this exact problem, so I feel your pain.

Comment

Working...
                        X